OldMiniBikes Kickstand "HELP"

Ok, so I bought this kickstand from OldMiniBikes and I'll be dang if I can figure out how to mount it.:shrug: Do I use a clamp?:eek:ut: If anybody has a photo of this on there mini, I would love a photo:thumbsup: Sometimes I think I am border line retart:lol::lol: Thanks guys

Oh, Thanks Bill. :thumbsup:. Not sure I want to do that. I don't want to alter the frame. Its for my Indian Sabre. There is this extra hole in the motor plate and I'm not sure its suppose to be there, or thats where the kick stand goes. :shrug::shrug: I searched photos and can't seem to see the kickstand.:confused:

The original 'if it had one, some did not' was held on with just one engine bolt. Some of the newer ones used the left front engine bolt and then a 1/4" carriage bolt also.
I have often though about taking one of the azusa stands like you have and welding it to a plate so it could be bolted on underneath.

Last edited:
If you do not want to weld it to the frame! You will need to make a bracket to fit to the hole on the engine pan and then weld the kickstand to the bracket you made, Then you can bolt it to your frame. I have used several of the Azusa kickstand, I have also made them longer to work for the bike I was using them on.

I just put one on, I would not advise a "bolt on method"
Have some on hold the bike and get down to find the best location.
Mark rame with sharpe, take the stand apart, grind that small area clean
use a MIG welder weld all sides of bracket. Install stand.
Mine works better than expected. I placed a O ring on the area where stand contacts frame.

You can do like I did. Used a bicycle kickstand and bolted it to the motor plate. Then postioned the bike on my work table and leaned it to get a good length. I cut the excess off and welded a small piece of flat stock on the end to provide extra support. Works great and it was free. Give it a try, if you find the stand to far in to can just bend the leg to length.

The O ring will works for me But I was planning on getting one of those small rubber "bumpers" you see on cars that cushions the fuel door.
Drill hole push the "barb" in and you have a mini bumper.

You can do like I did. Used a bicycle kickstand and bolted it to the motor plate. Then postioned the bike on my work table and leaned it to get a good length. I cut the excess off and welded a small piece of flat stock on the end to provide extra support. Works great and it was free. Give it a try, if you find the stand to far in to can just bend the leg to length.
Good tip. They work fine and the price is right:thumbsup: Thats what I did on my Daughters bike. However I just welded it to the bottom of the plate.

here are three pictures that show how I made a bolt on bracket from angle and flat iron to bolt on an OldMiniBikes kickstand. works great and is not welded to the frame.