open clone valve train and other

ok i build a clone awhile back runs great getting ready to rebuild it to get it ready to race it on a kart in an open class in texas. i have billet rod and flywheel 18cc head going to port match an tillotson addapter to the head and do a little more porting. .009 head gasket race plug. block vented to valve cover. block mambe jr cam with 1.2 rockers and 26lb springs. im looking to twist about 6900-7100 im looking at getting retainers and locks, lashcaps, honda rocker studs cm pushrods billet lifters black mamba 246 duration cam put a tilotson carb on alky and use a honda wrist pin
do u guys suggest ss valve or will my hondas be good and running stock clone piston, problem? and running 1.2 stamped rocker with 26lb spring valve float or coil bind?

if you guys could help me out that would e great having the motor dynoed in feb before the race and tunning the carb in the process

rmm727

What are the rules for the class. You said open but with the parts you have listed, with the exception of the tilly, you basically have an under-cammed stock appearing. Opens have hi lift cams, double valve springs, big valve heads, stroker cranks, wiseco pistons, you name it. Unless you mean they'll let anybody run. :shrug: Try on Bob's 4cycle.

Retainers are a must because the SS valves have a keeper grove for split retainers. If you are using the isky billet lifters you will need the shorter pushrods as the billet lifters are longer. I jiust went thru this on a motor I am building now. Had to get the pushrods that I cut to length. I run a black mamba with 26LB springs and it runs up to 8000 just fine. I did make up shims so that my seat pressure was 26 - 27 lbs.

ok new list.....
isky 315 lift 238 duration cam, 1.3 billet rockers, dual valve springs with locks and retainers, cm pushrods, billet lifters, 27mm/25mm valves, 2 block vents going to valve cover, 18cc head fully ported with ft piston .009 head gasket head and side cover stud kit billet rod and fw and tillotson carb

.315 cam and 1.3 rockers are going to net you .410" of lift. make sure your springs are not going to bind up, and you are not going to slap the piston with the valves.