Options for Predator Flywheel?

I have a highly modified engine. It has no governor and I need to buy the billet aluminum components (flywheel and rod). For the rod should I get the .020" over or normal one? For the flywheel the ARC one is kinda expensive; how much would it take to convert the normal aluminum flywheel that is $60 to the predator shaft? Should I just spend the extra money?

thanks!

rmm727

I have a highly modified engine. It has no governor and I need to buy the billet aluminum components (flywheel and rod). For the rod should I get the .020" over or normal one? For the flywheel the ARC one is kinda expensive; how much would it take to convert the normal aluminum flywheel that is $60 to the predator shaft? Should I just spend the extra money?

thanks!
For the rod, pull the head and see how far in the hole your piston is. If its pretty much at the top, get the standard length. If its deeper than .020", get the .020" longer that stock one.

For the flywheel, by the time you buy the flywheel for $60, you'll probably have another $40 in it to get it machined to the correct taper. Unless you have machinist friends that can do it for you.

For the rod, pull the head and see how far in the hole your piston is. If its pretty much at the top, get the standard length. If its deeper than .020", get the .020" longer that stock one.

For the flywheel, by the time you buy the flywheel for $60, you'll probably have another $40 in it to get it machined to the correct taper. Unless you have machinist friends that can do it for you.
Okay cool. I think I'll just shell out the money. Man these engines are a money pit... but so fun! Thank you for your help!