Other 'things' I build

I like a challenge.

Putting a Pontiac OHC six in a 65 Chevy van- it's never been done before.

Motor mounts are in a different location than the Chevy, engine is taller so I have to modify the crossmember mounting, and I am adding a TH2004R overdrive trans. After all that, I want to put EFI on it.

At least the engine runs...

[video=youtube_share;uwNtzKThIg4]http://youtu.be/uwNtzKThIg4[/video]

It's going in this

Should be fun!

Cool... :thumbsup:

Question...this will definately show my ignorance... I am trying to envision with these older van's, and the doghouse being between the front seats...(and the body in place) how do you lift the motor in place :shrug: .

Either you go up from underneath, or in through the side doors. It is a bit more difficult than with a car, and if you go in through the doors you cannot put the engine and trans in as a unit.

I've done one of these thru the door,it was a early '70's Ford. What a pain ! We pulled a 6cyl out and put a 289 v8 in. The six came right out but we spent prolly 4hrs. getting that 289 in. I'm sure the amount of alcohol we had in us by hour 3 didn't help lol
That is one cool van,just don't see them much anymore....and the overhead cam 6 Poncho is a piece of history in itself .
And special plans for paint ?

Wow! Love them old Chevy vans (old Econolines too!) like that, the flat windshield. Cool project! Perfect Mini Hauler.:thumbsup:

I am leaning towards a Pontiac color, I like Carousel Red- but that's a bit later.

It's going to be a solid color for certain, the backstory would be a 'What IF' Pontiac was developing a van platform for the OHC....

That OHC 6 was ahead of it's time back in the 60's. Looking back that was a idea that should have been developed. Good luck with the build. It will be unique and one of a kind .

I am leaning towards a Pontiac color, I like Carousel Red- but that's a bit later.

It's going to be a solid color for certain, the backstory would be a 'What IF' Pontiac was developing a van platform for the OHC....
Yeah...I could see that color on this..cool ! Maybe some Judge stripes ? Hmm :thumbsup: