owner's manual for 1979 Honda Z50A

I have 1979 Honda Z50A that we are trying to get running for 8 year old grandson. His dad (my son-n-law) is the original owner. Just needs a few parts and I think it will run.

I would like to have an owner's manual, and some sources for parts, but searching on web not having much luck.

One source of confusion: it looks like a Z50R, but has Z50A on ID decal still on bike.

1979 was the first year of the Z50 R. It looks totally different than the previous version of the Z50 A (which was pretty much the same from 1972 through 1978). Post a pic and I can give you more guidance.

Parts for these bikes are readily available - quite a few (especially mechanical items) can be obtained through your local Honda dealer - or from several reputable online sites.

I have been a member here for quite a while and read the site daily, but rarely have time to post. Therefore, I'm not sure how OldMiniBikes administrators would feel about me listing links for Honda parts sellers that are not paid advertisers on this site. Out of courtesy to OldMiniBikes, I will refrain from doing so. If you send me a PM with your email, I will be happy to send you some links for parts, manuals and other general information related to these little Hondas.

Resto