Picked up a 1976 CT70

I've been looking for the right deal on a Trail 70 for years. I finally picked one up last weekend. It needs some work, but I think it will make a great bike.
I had a 1972 Trail Jet, which I rode around the neighborhood all the time. My buddy next door bought it from me the day I brought my Honda home.

Here are a couple of pics.

markus

Wow, looks clean! did you get the rear section of the exhaust? The one I recently bought was the same way they like to rot under that funky spacer for the clamp at the front of the guard. I welded a section in onto the rear part of the exhaust so it could be slipped back on. No leaks and not visible with the guard reinstalled.

Exhaust is actually fairly inexpensive for these though, but mine scrubbed up pretty nice so I figured I'd try to save it before buying anything.

Heres the link showing what I did:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/70830-ct70h-find.html

Thanks for all the great feedback! I'm glad it is so complete, so I don't have to go looking for a bunch of parts. My first priority will be to get it running properly, and make it quiet. The cosmetic stuff will happen over the long term.

Joe

I've loved those CT70s since I was 13. I never got one until I was 40-something about 15 years ago. It was considered wildboy's bike until he moved on to bigger, badder cycles. Now this 1971 K0 is on my list for full resto.

Last edited: