Picked up a Simplex Servicycle

Can't wait to get this one going...debating Honda GC190 or GX200 for power plant. Anyone on here have one of these engines on theirs? Would like to see the set up.

Dave

Cool. You could get a new Predator for $100. They are Honda clones, and I hear they pack a punch. Might be better off. :shrug:

Last edited:
I would go for any old motor, I know a predator would get you riding faster but boy howdy that sure would great with an old lawson or an old single cyl like pictured above.

How about......A GC160

Or an EC10
I have seen one with a GC160. The 2 stroke EC10 makes about 3-4hp - wonder if they wake up after the governor is disconnected? Would like to have about 7hp to cruise around at 35mph without having to use full throttle.

james c

ps, the powell is still in my storage container, its been on my to do list, do you still have the simplex sportsman? id like to see any updates on the resto

ps, the powell is still in my storage container, its been on my to do list, do you still have the simplex sportsman? id like to see any updates on the resto
Still have the 63 Sportsman. The plan is to get it restored this winter.

I am picking up a 58 Sportsman complete with rebuilt motor. I was told these are very hard to find.