Picked up this pair of oldies upstate today

They look like Cast Iron block HH60 engines off a Troy built Rototiller to me. Model numbers on the front of the shroud just under the gas tank.

Last edited:
They look like Cast Iron block HH60 engines off a Troy built Rototiller to me. Model numbers on the front of the shroud just under the gas tank.
Yes they look like the Troy Built Rototiller ones. He did say they came off Tillers. One runs the other needs a carb clean. Got em in the Adirondacks. $50 for the pair. They don't look too big for a decent sized Mini.

I'm not sure a tiller has any business with a lighting coil but I wonder what this is? Its not the kill wire or spark plug wire, as those are mounted where they should be. Looks like it's got some kind of clip on the end and possibly two white wires coming out of it. Gonna check it out as soon as I get home.

I'm not sure a tiller has any business with a lighting coil but I wonder what this is? Its not the kill wire or spark plug wire, as those are mounted where they should be. Looks like it's got some kind of clip on the end and possibly two white wires coming out of it. Gonna check it out as soon as I get home.
The Troy built Tillers had on some models a battery powered starter with a charging coil to keep the battery charged.

The Troy built Tillers had on some models a battery powered starter with a charging coil to keep the battery charged.
Well turns out it was an optical illusion. Haha. There is nothing there. I turned the crank and looked in the blower housing with a flashlight and can see just two magnets as well. Oh well. You are right though, I was googling these Troy Bilt Tecumseh's. A lot do have a charging system.