picked up this yellow guy

Sh00bs

im not asking what it's worth, but i would like to know if $200 was a good deal or not becuase that's what i paid. little 3.5 b&s engine, tops out around 23mph at the moment... rode it about 8 miles or so and she performed flawlessly

I think it's a Rupp? not sure though

20160804_172616.jpg

20160804_172657.jpg

20160804_172635.jpg

markus

your bike was made by Bird in Fremont nebraska and sold through JC penney as a Foremost golden pinto, its a 1972/1973 model

edit: here is a catalog photo showing an early 72 version (single post mount seat bracket, that ws quicly changed to what you have):

Last edited:
im not asking what it's worth, but i would like to know if $200 was a good deal or not becuase that's what i paid. little 3.5 b&s engine, tops out around 23mph at the moment... rode it about 8 miles or so and she performed flawlessly

I think it's a Rupp? not sure though

View attachment 88135

View attachment 88136

View attachment 88137
if you dont care about originality/aka that motor is newer,then hey id say you Scored.
i bought one of these a week ago and i can tell you i have a 100 in it it looks like gomers piles and yours looks Mint.
lol!!
Nice Bike:thumbsup:

Sh00bs

if you dont care about originality/aka that motor is newer,then hey id say you Scored.
i bought one of these a week ago and i can tell you i have a 100 in it it looks like gomers piles and yours looks Mint.
lol!!
Nice Bike:thumbsup:
Cool

Yeah I'm not too worried about having a period correct engine, maybe on the next one

very nice....pick up that flex fan before you step on it...although I put mine in the trash....welcome to the site!!

I have a sears drover/bird duck and they are actually a very comfortable riding bike good score for sure.... :thumbsup:

Last edited: