Planning a swap meet in Grand Rapids, MI

MikeBear

I'm going to be in Grand Haven June 1 and 2 for a wedding, but I'm not sure I could talk the wife into stopping in Grand Rapids for a look on the way back home...

Is this actually going to be held in A1's parking lot?

jeep4me

I'm going to be in Grand Haven June 1 and 2 for a wedding, but I'm not sure I could talk the wife into stopping in Grand Rapids for a look on the way back home...

Is this actually going to be held in A1's parking lot?
Yes, it will be held in A1's parking lot. I know it's small, but it should be fine for this first swap meet. If this one has a good turn out, I have another larger alternative spot available for the next meet.

A1 is just off from the US131/Leonard St exit.:thumbsup:

jeep4me

Just a reminder that the 1st annual West Michigan Minibike Swap Meet is coming up quick. It's being held on June 2, 2013 at A1 Small Engine Repair, 600 Leonard St.NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504.

Starting at 9am and going until 3pm.

Bring your minibikes, small engines, parts to sell/trade. Spaces are still available to sell your stuff, low cost of $10.

Hope to see you there!!

Thanks!!

I just need to sort through parts and bikes and try to slim down the pile. Too many projects with not enough time. I am looking forward to this too. Gary M

jeep4me

I'm hoping some more sellers show up on Sunday morning.

If you have stuff to sell and didn't get a chance to fill out a form, for crying out loud, just show up. There'll be plenty of room.

I'm bringing some parts and a couple bikes.

Randy, who owns the place, talked about cooking some hot dogs but couldn't come up with a gas grill. If you have a small one and want to bring it, we'll do some dogs. I'll supply the condiments and a couple packs of buns.

Anyone got a recoil for a 97cc baja motor they :smile: wanna bring to sell? Picked a bike up but its missin the recoil guts. Need a front tire also....

Last edited:
Along with some bikes I'll be bringing a few 5HP briggs flattie engines and parts, a 5HP tech, and a 4HP Honda, I have some tires/tubes also, mostly 4-5"..........Tom.

jeep4me

I'm meeting up with a guy today who's wanting to sell all of his minibike spare parts. So hopefully I'll have some good parts and pieces for sale.

jeep4me

Looking foreward to this event!!.......:thumbsup:.........Tom.
Me too. :thumbsup:

I haven't even started packing anything. It'll be a real early morning for me.

I did get a bunch of new parts from that guy. So I should have a great selection at the meet.

Last edited:
Well the meet was pretty cool!! I have to say thanks to the guy that helped me figure out my throttle setup on my 3.5 B&S!!! I'm looking forward to another meet!!

jeep4me

Come on now steve,let us know how it went?:shrug:
The swap meet was pretty good. Not as many sellers as I was hoping. Actually only 3, including myself, Garysguns and the beekeeper. Thanks guys for coming out today. Nice to see incogrhino, skunk and countstevula there too. Paul, I talked to Todd and his buddy Dave.

At least it didn't rain!!

We had maybe 60-75 buyers come thru. I sold a bunch of parts. Bought a couple things but sold them right away. Picked up a nice vintage Bridgestone 90cc 4-speed motor, but ended up selling it right away.....kinda wish I would have held on to it now. Oh well, doubled my money on it.

I forgot to take pictures...surprise, surprise. But I think some of the other guys did, so hopefully they'll post some photos.

Last edited:
Had a great time today!.......Sold a few things and met some new folks, was a pleasure helping you out Brisk, welcome to OldMiniBikes!!!.........:thumbsup:...............Tom.