Powell front suspension

The brass bushings/lowers have a lot of play and not a secure bushing attachment. Has anyone found a good modification for a smoother sprung from?

Doug, I know exactly what you're talking about. I found that the lower bushing wears. On one of my E models, their was a top bushing as well. On another E model, there was no top bushing, and the fork tubes were squared off. On that one, I replaced the tubes with welded in slugged extensions and added oil lite bushings to the top. I failed to replace the bottom bushings and still had some undesirable slop on the bottom.

I found the bushings on ebay.

I think a replacement bushing in oil lite would be a good fix. The other thing would be to reweld the retaining ring so that constant pressure is held against the spring. Those bushings would require slight machining and any re-chrome on the bottom legs would cause a machining requirement.

In another thread or two there is discussion of the rear spring. I found that Century Spring part number 4115 seems to work. I haven't ridden that bike yet, but assembled, it feels pretty good, and my 235 pounds comes no where near bottoming it out.

That's all I got, and I hope you post up what methods you use to tighten things up. Dave