# Powell Project #

All I can say is WOW!
I haven't been here to the site for awhile, thought I would come take a look at your progress. You are doing an awesome job. Your Powell makes my Powell look boring. Keep up the awesome work.

Beautiful colors and workmanship! I love the shifter as it is reminiscent of old bikes like the Indian inline-four my dad rode for the Washington State Patrol in the 'thirties.

Looks great Eric :thumbsup: I may have to use some of that :thumbsup:
No where close to the real thing Randy....but its the closest that I've found.
Agree!! That "Sprome" (spray chrome) :laugh: looks awesome!!!!

Thanks Jason....I thought I would try the Sprome first....and I kinda like It !

Like I said....that frame found the right person!!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks Buddy ! I appreciate ya !!!

Looking super sweet Eric !
Thanks Angelo and maybe you can learn from my mistakes. Got your Powell home yet ?

That yellow really looks good! I have 7 Powell's and 1 of them will be some shade of yellow?
And the hillbilly chrome Or ghetto chrome as we call it came out nice also!
I have to get me a some Saape decals? When are you repopping torque converter covers?
7 Powells No wonder I had a hard time finding one !!:laugh: and maybe some torque converter covers soon .:hammer::hammer:

Getting close! I always enjoy your builds & your threads are like a online mini bike school...
Thanks Mark and I hope you get some free time soon so you can work on your minis.:thumbsup:

All I can say is WOW!
I haven't been here to the site for awhile, thought I would come take a look at your progress. You are doing an awesome job. Your Powell makes my Powell look boring. Keep up the awesome work.
Thanks Sam....and yes I'm trying not to hurry ! :no: but I really can't wait to ride this old Powell !:biggrin:
Beautiful colors and workmanship! I love the shifter as it is reminiscent of old bikes like the Indian inline-four my dad rode for the Washington State Patrol in the 'thirties.
Thanks Aston.....yea I like the old shifter look to . :thumbsup: Got any pics of your Dad and that old bike ? That would be so cool to see them !

Yes looks great but learn from our mistakes and don't clear coat it. You won't be happy. :doah:
Remember how crappy that was Eric. Lol
We both learned a lesson that week.
Bike is coming out great. :thumbsup:
Yea Karl....We learned the hard way on that clear .:laugh:..NO CLEAR on the DUPLI COLOR CHROME ! It turns it a shiny grey color .:grind::grind:

Last edited:
I got one quote from a chromer yesterday...$100.00 for the handle bars and $250.00 for the forks..:eek::eek::eek: I'm with Eric (CarPlay) this chrome plating is getting to high ! Maybe I'll check out some different chrome shops this week. I really wanted to get these parts rechromed as that is the way they come from the factory....but I can't do $350.00, thats just crazy !

awsum job..got to wear sunglasses.. : ]
:cool2: Thanks Raskin...:laugh:

Shoot these guys an email with pics and rough measurements. I used them once and the price was cheaper than anyone else. They just did chrome for me and not show chrome... Electroplating of El Paso
Thanks Nate....I'll check them out ! :thumbsup:
No , my Powell is still sitting lonely in my sisters barn in Colorado :doah:
Better get it coming Ang the build off will be here before you know it.:grind::hammer::hack::weld:

Last edited:
I got one quote from a chromer yesterday...$100.00 for the handle bars and $250.00 for the forks..:eek::eek::eek: I'm with Eric (CarPlay) this chrome plating is getting to high ! Maybe I'll check out some different chrome shops this week. I really wanted to get these parts rechromed as that is the way they come from the factory....but I can't do $350.00, thats just crazy !

Dont feel all alone on the chrome price. 20 years ago I was quoted $550 to rechrome the grille for my 1956 F-100. Still have the truck with the same old original Ford chrome on the grille..... I am skeered (you ever been skeered???) to ask now as I will probobly regret not having it done 20 years ago. I have a friend that just spent $2400.00 having a 1968 Firebird convertible painted. And that was a brand new reproduction body that didn't require anything except a couple of days for panel alignment and a few very minor dings to fix. I about .... well I was in shock to say the least. But he was tickled to death. Mini bikes are cheap, way cheap compared to cars. My friend ended up with $94,000.00 invested in a totally restored 68 Firebird convertible that has a OHC 6 cylinder, AT, PS PB and power windows. The day it was finished and the nicest it will ever be (the day it rolled out of my shop) it was only worth 35 to 40 grand............ He has enjoyed driving it for the last 3 years, so I guess that is worth something. The only issue he has had was the rebuilt wiper motor quit working. That's why we build Mini's..........

Thanks Doug, and yea I know thats not a bad price for this day and time...and I still hate to pay it , but I plan on keeping this bike. So I will bite the bullet and get it done !

Got some cool stuff in the mail yesterday, from the best coast....I can't say who sent them ! But if you need his name, address and phone number...just email me ...:laugh:

Got one on today, Thanks E.:thumbsup:

I might not have enough money left to even put gas in it Kenny ! :laugh: I like lavish....but can I really afford it !?!?! :shifty::laugh:

Shipped the forks out today for chrome ...:biggrin: also I got the brake pedal & band painted and installed over the weekend.

I'm going to have to cut off the rear trailing arm bolt as now its interfering with the brake pedal itself . I guess that's why Powell used to shorter bolts instead of one long one.:hack:

I've been tracking the seat for awhile now and it should be here this week...I hope !:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shipped the forks out today for chrome ...:biggrin: also I got the brake pedal & band painted and installed over the weekend.

I'm going to have to cut off the rear trailing arm bolt as now its interfering with the brake pedal itself . I guess that's why Powell used to shorter bolts instead of one long one.:hack:

I've been tracking the seat for awhile now and it should be here this week...I hope !:rolleyes:
I love these picts Eric!!!! Definitely one of your best that you didn't bend out yourself!!!! I know you said this ones a keeper.....but put me first in line if it ever is for sale!!!! :thumbsup: