# Powell Project #

Again....wow! I'm not a fan of yellow but this bike looks incredible in that color! You're pulling it together perfectly!

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Looks Great Eric :thumbsup: While the Hillbilly chrome looks good on the rim, I don't think it would cut it on the forks :shrug:
I agree Randy....real chrome on the forks is the only way to go...and thanks.
I love these picts Eric!!!! Definitely one of your best that you didn't bend out yourself!!!! I know you said this ones a keeper.....but put me first in line if it ever is for sale!!!! :thumbsup:
You've got it buddy ! Its yours if I ever sell it ! Thanks J .

Gh

Thank you !

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Again....wow! I'm not a fan of yellow but this bike looks incredible in that color! You're pulling it together perfectly!

Thanks Chad..:thumbsup:

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Powell so far. Seat is showing to be in customs at New York...hopefully it will be here this week. Forks are out for chrome ....who knows how long that will take.

Pete...there are so many great members on here that have helped me out on this build...:bowdown:....I'm truly amazed and thankful ! This is the best forum ever in my opinion...and I'm glad to just be a part of it . :thumbsup:

I'm green with envy at the speed which your Powell is being completed. I just need 28 hours in a day !!

Love the contrasting colors, especially with the spring. I'm trying to get ideas for mine.

But a question. When you put your wheels back together, did you happen to notice if any of the bolts were marked? Mine seem to be all marked "ROCKFORD", including the carb mounting bolts. I'm trying to figure out if the "Rockford" bolts were original Powell, or if someone in it's past just replaced them all. They sure seem like nice bolts because they clean up real nice.

Well weekends are great for me a lot of times....its so hot and humid right now, that I do my yard/honey do list stuff early in the mornings or later in the evenings. So I can lock my self up in my shop and crank up the AC.:thumbsup:
You will do just fine on your colors, its your bike so do like you want to ! Colors are just that colors , pick something you like!
In answer to your question, I know my axle bolts have like a star or a * shape stamped into head , I'm not sure about Rockford...but I will look.

Here's the Ebay pic of the seat. Karen it might need a little more padding and not sure on the color yet.:no:

Great minds think alike!! :laugh: I have that exact seat same color probably from the same seller out of India sitting at home for the Savage frame you built me for next years build off!! I can tell you Eric that yes the padding is very thin but very firm....I think it will be alright with the springs!! Also if you want to add more padding that the vinyl is crazy glued on and then rivited!! And Eric I think that brown would look sweet with that yellow and chrome!! :thumbsup:

Oh my.... That looks a little hard on the hinny..... A nice gel pad about 1 inch thick would be perfect for it though.
Ahh sounds good Doug ..and might happen yet ! :wink:

Only other one besides the one markus sold$$$$$$$$$$$
Is this one

I have a torque converter cover that has a shade of orange painted on the inside that looks original ?
Yea what were the original colors Michael, green, blue and red ? I think I read that somewhere.

Great minds think alike!! :laugh: I have that exact seat same color probably from the same seller out of India sitting at home for the Savage frame you built me for next years build off!! I can tell you Eric that yes the padding is very thin but very firm....I think it will be alright with the springs!! Also if you want to add more padding that the vinyl is crazy glued on and then rivited!! And Eric I think that brown would look sweet with that yellow and chrome!! :thumbsup:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey Jason...I thought the color might work to and maybe some light brown or tan grip wraps...leather of course. I'm thinking with the full suspension and the springs on the seat.....that it might not be to bad !:rolleyes:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: I think that seat will look good on your Savage !

Last edited:
Seat came in today from India, and I like it ! Fabbed up a quick mounting bracket....probably not the finished product ....just want to see how the seat looked on the Powell.

After talking the seat mounting bracket over with a good friend we came up with this more simple design. This is a keeper, I'll get the seat back off and get this bracket painted.