Predator 212 cc OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

I see HF has two versions of this engine, they are both 212 cc motors, I'm having a hard time finding the difference? wondering which one to buy? could someone lend a hand please..

Thanks for your input.. :shrug:

one has a bunch of crap on it for California Emissions stuff (referred to as CARB) the other does not. If you live in MA, buy the non CARB version.

I posted a thread today about the Predator 212cc. Curious, what is your opinion about the Predator. One person says it's a great product for the price....the other says stay way, way back from the Predator because it's crap. What do you think?

I posted a thread today about the Predator 212cc. Curious, what is your opinion about the Predator. One person says it's a great product for the price....the other says stay way, way back from the Predator because it's crap. What do you think?
been running predator 212cc for pass 2 months runs like a champ. tops out around 35-39 back out throttle stop screw . put stronger governor spring on it to go faster . all i need now is brakes then again who needs working brakes?

I just put one on my little mini and it really woke that thing up. Im pretty sure we are a good bit over 40 mph now for sure. Feels like 50 plus. But no way to tell yet in the neighborhood. All I did was remove the throttle stop screw and gap the plug and the little bugger runs like a champ.

I dont have much experience with minis.....but this engine right out of the box hauls ass. If I lean back a little it will wheelie pretty easy. Ive just got a plain ole max power clutch on it too. Best 100 bucks I ever spent!

I just bought one tonight from HF. I was gonna buy a used gx200 for $200 till I seen this and thought $106 and I can buy a new motor. Now I have $100 for a flywheel and billet rod:) Maybe put a gx160 head on it. May just put the money toward a torque converter.

I just bought one tonight from HF. I was gonna buy a used gx200 for $200 till I seen this and thought $106 and I can buy a new motor. Now I have $100 for a flywheel and billet rod:) Maybe put a gx160 head on it. May just put the money toward a torque converter.
I would really like a torque converter also.......But I know where this addiction is leading me :laugh: I should just buy a complete custom mini that will do 100mph and get it over with.

It would be a lot cheaper than all the little mods and baby steps I know that go with being a speed junkie.

All started when running n all suddenly stop running,then since I haven't any luck I got new carburetor new coil,then I find out the intake valve came out of place,I got the parts n put everything together like it is and still not luck,I don't know what else to do to start the engine,help please-!:shrug:

My first predator the valve train exploded with about 15 hours on the motor. Valves were within proper adjustment, it just blew apart after hitting a large bump at speed.
That was fixable.

Second predator, new style with 8 hours, has lost some power and is blowing oil like a son of a gun through the vent. No white smoke from the exhaust but lots of smoke and oil from the vent.
I'm not even cracking this one apart since it has so little hours on it, pulling it tonight, returning to stock configuration and using the warranty to get a new motor tomorrow.

I've got clones with 50+ hours that have yet to have any major maintenance issues..
IMO the predator is much lesser quality than the greyhound clones. But what are you gonna do when you want a $100 motor... I'd highly recommend the extra 20$ for the extended warranty.

The 212 is the best bang for your buck tons of torque stock....lots of aftermarket parts....easy super easy to work on. Plus they are what 100$? Why would you want to buy any other motor ? Cheap and reliable ...I've pushed mine to its limits stock, removed gov.. Then pushed it some more before putting upgraded parts in...put new parts in an lemme tell you I'll never buy another engine......china made has for me hooked:anon.sml: