Predator 212cc throttle bracket to bypass Governor

No need to swap keys , file it down , i can't remember the specs off hand but I think for every .006 = 1 degree advanced , I'd try 6 deg first , may can go 8 ? There is info out there for this , one of the pro's will chime in soon !!

No need to swap keys , file it down , i can't remember the specs off hand but I think for every .006 = 1 degree advanced , I'd try 6 deg first , may can go 8 ? There is info out there for this , one of the pro's will chime in soon !!
I've seen alot of write ups use an 8 degree timing key on the predator 212 motors and GX200 motors. I think I'm going to order one since they're only $8. I don't really have access to a file and vice and all that. Just basic hand tools. Is there any other racing tricks/mods to get just a little more out of it? I'm going to try mixing a half gallon of 93 premium and half gallon of 110 octane racing fuel. My buddy is letting me have a whole gallon. Just trying it out.

Don't bother with the fuel. They don't have enough static compression to need it. You may actually get inefficient combustion from running too high of an octane.
8 degree advance, re jet, pipe and air filter kit. Can be done for approx $75 and two hours of your time.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I have a .36 & .37 main jet with 140 emulsion tube, high flow air filter kit, and a header/muffler for xmas to be installed. Going to order the timing key now. My buddy just offered the 110 fuel to see how it would run.

Don't bother with the fuel. They don't have enough static compression to need it. You may actually get inefficient combustion from running too high of an octane.
8 degree advance, re jet, pipe and air filter kit. Can be done for approx $75 and two hours of your time.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]
I have a .36 & .37 main jet with 140 emulsion tube, high flow air filter kit, and a header/muffler for xmas to be installed. Going to order the timing key now. My buddy just offered the 110 fuel to see how it would run.
Like minibikin said with those up grades it will run great with 87 octane :thumbsup:

Ok I have a question about the governor lever. It has 3 holes for which to attach the spring. It was already set in the middle hole. Which hole could I use for more rpm range? Left, right or middle?