Predator 212cc to generate electricity.

Ok everyone I am making another custom minibike. Welding a frame, fabricating parts, you know. Anyways I am planning on putting on lights and a horn, and want to get it registered. However, I can't just keep changing out batterys and I want to be able to drive without fear of dying. So my question is, is it possible to generate electricity sonehow? I heard sone motors can have diods/alternator parts and voltage regulators wired to the coil, and they can generate 12v DC.

I don't know if you can get 12V from a predator, but if your creative you can install a battery, fab a mount and drive a single wire GM style alternator, you would have to overdrive it a bit to make it work but you would have all the 12V power you could ever need..............................Tom.

capguncowboy

The Baja engines from the Warriors have lighting coils. They work on a predator engine as well. See if you can pick one up and pull the coil from it.

markus

The Baja engines from the Warriors have lighting coils. They work on a predator engine as well. See if you can pick one up and pull the coil from it.
you sure about that? I thought the taper was different on the cranks so you cant mount the flywheel, unless they recently changed.

capguncowboy

you sure about that? I thought the taper was different on the cranks so you cant mount the flywheel, unless they recently changed.
I can't remember who said it would work -- however, I've never done it. I know the coil will bolt on, but if the flywheel doesn't then I wouldn't expect the coil to operate correctly.