Predator gas cap filler hitting frame

I got a predator 212cc from hf for my azusa mini bike frame. When I put it in it fit but the gas cap is dead center in on the frame. Is there a way to move the gas tank over a bit? It has 3 bolts holding it on. Its one of the newer ones with the ribbed gas tank and paper air filter(manufactured January 2014). Also is there a way I could disconnect the crankcase breater thing and put the gas in there and use one of those little breater filters?

Is that the tank? that's the hemi motor. it uses the Honda style tank. look for a non vented right side fill tank for a Honda. They have to be out there somewhere.

Yes I have that same tank. I there a way to make a bracket to move it to the side a few inches? Also, can I take off the breather assembly on the tank and fill gas there and then put a rubber cork in it?

Check the for sale section. Hunt down an early tank that fills from the side. I have a late model also that is center fill. I have to use a funnel to fill it.

I was thinking of getting one of these Honda gas caps.

How much shorter are these than the bulky plastic ones? What Honda model engine gas cap should fit the predators?:shrug:

It looks like I will eventually go with either an underseat from hotrodminibike, though I need to find one of the small tanks, or a cylinder tank, have no welder, thanks again jdogg.

Ran into the same problem when I upgraded to an electric start clone engine. The filler cap hitting the frame can be solved by slotting the mounts and moving the engine forward half an inch or more, whatever it takes. Now, I took the easy way in solving the center gas cap filler not being accessible. I removed the fake stock warrior tank, reversed the bolts that held it on so they pointed up, and put a couple of threaded knobs to hold it on from the inside of the tank. Takes just a minute to remove the knobs, and I remove the tank and fill the engine tank. Quick fix for cheap. For what it's worth.

Remove Baja fake tank, mount two bolts pointing up, and get a couple of threaded knobs to secure it once the fake tank is replaced. Refueling takes just a minute and the fix is cheap.

The same thing happened to me on my Montgomery-Ward with a predator 212, my friend welded me 2 metal bars on top of the frame to relocate the gas tank to in front of the seat. It worked good and i didnt have to downsize to the predator 79! All i had to buy was 2 feet of tubing for $0.38 from my local hardware store (3/16) Here are some pics

WIN_20160414_16_14_54_Pro.jpg WIN_20160414_16_12_37_Pro.jpg WIN_20160414_16_14_13_Pro.jpg