predator hemi mods

Ill be building a friends predator 212 hemi, I'll be installing a real mikuni 22mm vm series carb. May consider a 24, will be removing the governer along with installing a billet flywheel, and along with the popular straight through exhaust. So far ive done some mild porting to the stock valve head.

He may go and install a cam. Along with a crank or not, , really don't care either way. He just wants his predator to outshine his buddies gokart in torque and power.

Porting didn't need to be done over the top, simple and easy, I did go for a larger exhaust port and kept the intake as more of a funnel. Velocity style intake with an exhaust made for a bit more low-end torque, the valve sizes seem to be a huge limiting factor for this engine however.

trinik7597

welcome to OldMiniBikes x7 :thumbsup: but they call it port and polish for a reason looks like your work is not done . just saying :thumbsup:

Are you porting it on the engine? Dude you should tear that block down metal dust bad for performance engine
I would say you have a bit more grinding around the valve guide bosses blend them a little better and stay away from the SSR

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code

Not too keen on polishing the exhaust too much, a simple shine is decent for me. The motor will be taken apart again once more parts arrive.

I prefere to keep the intake a bit rough, fuel atomization and what-not. How does reshaping the cylinder head work on these style engines?

Are you porting it on the engine? Dude you should tear that block down metal dust bad for performance engine
I would say you have a bit more grinding around the valve guide bosses blend them a little better and stay away from the SSR

Sent from my iPhone using Mores code
Believe me it's not being run yet, this is just mockup for further blue printing, port matching manifolds so on.

The head needs to be bare to port it . Most the work need to be in the port floor and around the valve guide boss . It does little to enlarge the area entering the chamber , just clean it up . It does help to really polish the EX side , but keep the IN side roughed up .

to me its the port matching and knocking down the casting edges along with the sharp cnc edges in the pocket. hogging everything out and mirror polishing isnt the goal. i get a good chuckle out of people who go through all the trouble yet ignore the phenolic spacer between the carb and block.