Predator install on a Mini Baja ?

new to mini bikes in last couple of months.
Harbor Freight had the Predator 212 cc on sale for $99 recently, as they often do.

looking for advice and tips to smooth the stock to predator engine swap out process for an older model Mini Baja.

found this video, you tube 'Replace Engine On Baja Warrior Mini Bike' (url prohibited to post for new OldMiniBikes members)
some of the details are skipped over, and reader comments lead me to believe there may be hitches in clutch and throttle cable install.

Any veterans want to help a newb out with a walk through or key points advice?
Or is there a link to a previous thread ? (I tried a search but not finding details)

Thanks in advance!

If you have the 97cc DB, the clutch on the will not fit the 212. You'll need a new one. You can find them for around $30 if you look around. Just make sure you get the 3/4" shaft clutch. The throttle hook up is easy. There are plenty of pics floating around here on how to do this. I have one with the adapter plate, and one without. You don't need it, but they are nice.

If you have the Baja Warrior, then you can ignore everything I've said. I've never swapped one of those motors, but I have worked on one for my neighbor. They have a torque converter setup, at least, that's what I'd call it. The clutch and throttle cable should bolt right up to the 212 the same way they were. The stock motor is basically the same thing as the 212 from HF. Post up some pics. We love those around here.

Thanks for the reply.
Its the Mini Baja 165, an older model of the Baja Warrior I believe.
I guess I just need to start and figure it out.

I'll try and remember to take pics

gbabins1

Not too much to it.No drilling bolt holes etc. You may just have put a new muffler/ pipe on it... the stock one will melt the seat.

I used the stock jackshaft on one of mine. It was nearly a bolt on swap. I changed the throttle to a new Chinese dirt bike universal one due to the original one being damaged. Also I built a customheader with a steel pack muffler. It should be an easy swap for you.