Predator upgrade questions

jeep4me

Ok, so I made a couple slight upgrades to a stock predator engine.... replaced the air filter with a pleated upgrade from OldMiniBikes Warehouse, removed the gas tank and put a top plate w/throttle assembly in its place.

I hooked up the throttle assembly to the carb using the original linkage. The only thing that I couldn't hook back up is the governor arm. Do I just remove the governor arm or do I need to figure out a small piece of linkage to attach it to the rest of the new throttle control?

I'll post a couple of pics of what I have, shortly.

rmm727

If your going to take off the governor arm, you should remove the part that goes thru the block as well (and the spinning weights for that matter)

I'm pretty sure this set up has bypassed the gov. I used my stock gov arm instead of the one that comes with that plate, and my weighted wheel is removed. However, I've also added all kinds of billet to my motor. Are you running a top plate to mount your fuel pump? Are you using it just because you removed your gas tank? I wish I hadn't bought mine, but that was after I decided to use the stock gov arm. I had already drilled holes in mine for the fuel pump. You can actually fit the fuel pump on the flywheel cover without it getting in the way. There are pics on the web. I can snap some pics of a way to use your arm and keep your gov. Let me know if you're interested.

remove all the internal and external governor parts.
These will cause trouble if left inside.

A 1/4 20 bolt will thread into the hole at the top and the one behind the flywheel without the need for tapping.
just force it in there it will make its own threads ( trust me )