Project "Blue Angel/F#!K Cancer"- GX390 Powered MiniBike

adding a bolt on handle right behind the welder and one more strap (on the handle) toward the top third of the bottle, though it is very secure... next refill, im going to sell this cylinder to the gas supply and buy the next size up.. and will want the extra strap higher up for that cylinder

got my tig cooler finished up.. bout ready to get this bike done now... and back to a routine... added a high flowing fan and moved it and radiator to the top panel away from the heat and exhaust of the motor... and used the original fan i bought, as an exhaust... cooler is running excellent! no leaks and coolant is super cool

Last edited:
had to switch gears again, for a sec and work on some other things (still mini bike related though)... but did add to this also, while at it... will be back on this soon... was making some custom mini bike gas tanks, to keep up with continuing my efforts to become a badass tig welder...

but anyway... here is some "small" progress"... started on wheelie bars too...

Gerald, awesome work. I am really digging your tig work on the tanks as well as everything else. Curious on the Tig welding, as I can Mig weld now. How easy is it to control the heat with your foot, your gun, and your filler rod at the same time? I have had it described to me as being able to write with your right/left hand at the same time.

Gerald, awesome work. I am really digging your tig work on the tanks as well as everything else. Curious on the Tig welding, as I can Mig weld now. How easy is it to control the heat with your foot, your gun, and your filler rod at the same time? I have had it described to me as being able to write with your right/left hand at the same time.
thank you...

I think it is much easier than being able to write withyour left and right hand at both times.. more like being able to draw a line with your left and right hand... or circle etc.. but easier than say writing letters with both hands at same time.. if that makes sense...

i can hold the torch in either hand and feed with either hand... and picked it up pretty quick... the more you weld, the easier it seems to get, as with most things... i honestly seem to get better every single sit down... and i can tell as im welding... though at times the end result looks the same, or is similar... still have a much easier time getting to the result or better, after each welding session...

thank you...

I think it is much easier than being able to write withyour left and right hand at both times.. more like being able to draw a line with your left and right hand... or circle etc.. but easier than say writing letters with both hands at same time.. if that makes sense...

i can hold the torch in either hand and feed with either hand... and picked it up pretty quick... the more you weld, the easier it seems to get, as with most things... i honestly seem to get better every single sit down... and i can tell as im welding... though at times the end result looks the same, or is similar... still have a much easier time getting to the result or better, after each welding session...
Good, glad the learning curve doesn't sound too step. Mig is easy, and fun. Tig welds are just so much more aesthetic for me, love how they look and you can go right to left of left to right pretty easy, as long as you have room for your rod/torch. With mig, my gun doesn't fit in real tight spaces.

Incredible work there Mr G. Loving the build! :thumbsup:
thank you

Good, glad the learning curve doesn't sound too step. Mig is easy, and fun. Tig welds are just so much more aesthetic for me, love how they look and you can go right to left of left to right pretty easy, as long as you have room for your rod/torch. With mig, my gun doesn't fit in real tight spaces.
i have mig welded for quite some time... but i def like tig welding better... i guess if i were in a rush or having to do part after part, of mild steel, i would def want the mig... but whenever i can, steel or other metal, i prefer tig... much more control and versatility with it...