Pulling without twisting throttle

Yeah a mechanic friend told me that other day. lol I'm actually glad I looked at the clutch because I wouldn't have known the crankshaft was jacked. I've since replaced it with a used one that Camjamsdad gave me. I still have a few more things to do before I put the engine back in the bike, but all in all it was a good learning experience. I just hope I did everything right.

Ok guys, I got the engine reassembled today. I started the engine just to make sure it ran, so I haven't connected the chain yet. Plus I still need to get a chain tensioner. The engine ran as it did before, but I noticed the crankshaft was spinning. I guess that means I'm back to square one with it pulling forward. Which way do I turn down the idler, left or right? Thanks

Oh and I turned it both ways and it didn't seem to make a difference. :shrug:

@buckeye, I'll have to take a photo when I get home, but it's the stock engine and carb.

@toomanytoys, yeah my clutch and chain isn't on, so maybe it is working. Thanks.

What type of grease are you guys using on the clutch's hub bushing?

toomanytoys

@buckeye, I'll have to take a photo when I get home, but it's the stock engine and carb.

@toomanytoys, yeah my clutch and chain isn't on, so maybe it is working. Thanks.

What type of grease are you guys using on the clutch's hub bushing?
Don't quote me on this, as I don't really use clutches, prefer a TAV, but I think most put a couple drops of 30 weight engine oil on them.

Don't be alarmed by the crank shaft turning. Its always going to turn when the engine is running.

I use gear lube that I had laying around. It seems to last a little longer. I've tried a fairly good selection of lubes and I keep going back to gear lube.