Quick question?

Damn Twid, even in the kitchen?

Yea got me beat lol. Although my wife did let me cure some high temp clear on some auto parts in our oven about 10 years ago. That was at our old place, I better not try that here! My box is out in the garage, not heated either.

I rewired the bike, but the tach harness that came was like 2ft longer then the old one lol. It's a coaxial cable so not an easy cut/solder job. I had to get creative with the routing but was able to make it work. I need to make a template for the chain guard fabrication, and then figure out a bracket for the jackshaft sensor.

I ran into a problem with my Digatron display, my computer is not recognizing the unit. This likely means that I will have to ship the unit back to the factory for repairs which will no doubt be costly.
Drag mini biking ain't easy lol

Twid

She flipped out on me once for putting a 15" wheel in the dishwasher for a cleaning. I also put a hand full of fish tank gravel in motorcycle fuel tanks, wrap them up in a ton of blankets, put them in the dryer for a few minutes to clean the crap out of them. She says I'm Crazy I say I'm just using what I have.

I would definitely catch hell if I tried either of those things here lol.
I hear ya though - doing what you can with what you have is what it's all about!

Hoping I can get a couple things done tomorrow so that all I am waiting on is the Digatron.
Just the chain guard, jackshaft sensor bracket and mount the ORSD sensor for the rev limiter. Then I can test the rev limiter, not sure if it even works or not.

I made a reinforcement plate for underneath the jackshaft, I noticed the frame was flexing slightly at that point. This will stiffen up the jackshaft plate as well as the rear portion of the frame. Adding this plate will also make it easier to install the chain guard and other things.

Also I shipped the digatron back to the manufacturer, hopefully the bike will be just waiting on that by the time it gets back! lol

Last edited:
Been chipping away at this, a little here a little there. Welded in the reinforcement plate, only to realize that it made it too hard to install the drive belt so I had to cut a decent sized piece out of it. lol Made the bracket for the jackshaft sensor too, just needs to be painted. I made a bracket for the ORSD, made out of really thin stuff just to make a good template. Just have to make the real one out of 1/8" steel and then mount the ORSD sensor and hook up the ground and hot leads. Still gotta make the chain guard too but better to wait till the end IMHO.

Thanks for reading!

Here was the rear of the motor plate before, flapping in the breeze. I was seeing some frame flex when pushing down on the frame.

So I cut this out and welded it it in....

Only to cut a piece of it right out lol

Jackshaft speed sensor bracket, needs sanding and paint

Rev Limiter sensor bracket

Thanks for reading!

Bike is kind of at a standstill, slowly making the chain guard but my Digitron came back from the factory and still doesn't work right.
I need that to tune the clutch so I'm screwed until I get that figured out. It is so unbelievably frustrating, it's new, it's windows, I have to look up how to do anything on the Internet first because I have no idea how to do anything in Windows 10.
The laptop is refurbished but new to me and seems to work fine. The unit just came from the factory so that should be fine. I got a new usb cable from them as well, I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully they can help me out, I am ready to just mail them my laptop and everything and tell them to mail it back when it is working properly.
Sorry for the rant but I want to get the ball rolling on this, need to get this going. And it's nothing mechanical that is holding it up. Dang computers, always supposedly making our lives easier lmao

She flipped out on me once for putting a 15" wheel in the dishwasher for a cleaning.
OMG, I just read this. Last September I put a 4hp block in the dishwasher and it stained the inside. My wife is still trying to figure out what happened. There is NO way in heck I am ever going to tell her what I did. I wouldn't be living here if I did.

Doc

Twid

Bike is kind of at a standstill, slowly making the chain guard but my Digitron came back from the factory and still doesn't work right.
I need that to tune the clutch so I'm screwed until I get that figured out. It is so unbelievably frustrating, it's new, it's windows, I have to look up how to do anything on the Internet first because I have no idea how to do anything in Windows 10.
The laptop is refurbished but new to me and seems to work fine. The unit just came from the factory so that should be fine. I got a new usb cable from them as well, I must be doing something wrong. Hopefully they can help me out, I am ready to just mail them my laptop and everything and tell them to mail it back when it is working properly.
Sorry for the rant but I want to get the ball rolling on this, need to get this going. And it's nothing mechanical that is holding it up. Dang computers, always supposedly making our lives easier lmao
That sucks Iv been having a bunch of set backs my self, I feel your pain brother.

you guys spend A LOT of time and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to go in a straight line for 6 seconds or less just sayin :thumbsup::scared:
It's not for everyone.

OMG, I just read this. Last September I put a 4hp block in the dishwasher and it stained the inside. My wife is still trying to figure out what happened. There is NO way in heck I am ever going to tell her what I did. I wouldn't be living here if I did.

Doc
Don't tell her. I hear it all the time " I bet if the dishes were car part you would clean them" note to self make sure next time she will be out for a extended amount of time.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Digatron, after some PITA computer confusion, my Digatron unit now communicates with my laptop. I had 3 different problems with the new laptop, fixing them all was a huge challenge but I finally figured it out!
I will finish my chain guard by tomorrow hopefully and get it to the tuners for its much needed clutch adjustments. Then it will be time to start making test runs. Wheelie bar adjustment is going to become extremely important i think lol.

Hey now dont be haten lol
You guys do great work was just saying lots of time and $$$$$$$
Im sure its a rush when u twist the throttle
Yeah, LOL, but then a lot of us don't "get" spending the time and effort to go round and round on a trike either. But even that makes more sense than spending 3 or 4 thousand dollars on a vintage bike restoration, then setting it on the wall, or in my case, setting them in my office in my home, watching them leak oil on my ceramic tile.

Later on, I may take them outside and sit on them and make "vroom" noises. :laugh: We're all crazy to someone.

Hey now dont be haten lol
You guys do great work was just saying lots of time and $$$$$$$
Im sure its a rush when u twist the throttle
You have made it abundantly clear that you think we spend too much on our drag bikes.
I hear your opinion and I respect it, but I do not share it. Thank you for posting your opinion again, I understand.
It has been well-documented, so there is no need to keep repeating it in my thread.
Thank You! :thumbsup:

Twid

Yeah, LOL, but then a lot of us don't "get" spending the time and effort to go round and round on a trike either. But even that makes more sense than spending 3 or 4 thousand dollars on a vintage bike restoration, then setting it on the wall, or in my case, setting them in my office in my home, watching them leak oil on my ceramic tile.

Later on, I may take them outside and sit on them and make "vroom" noises. :laugh: We're all crazy to someone.
Spoken like a true gentleman

So I finally got some of the bends in this chain guard looking halfway decent, I used a pin bender to make the big radius but the sharp bend down low I only had a hammer and a vise so it looks kinda janky but as long as it keeps the chain off the carb in case of a break I'm happy.
It is lightweight, simple and it works. Plus I can polish it up and it will look OK.
And I think I paid under $1000 for the material too :laugh:

Still have to make mounting tabs and weld them on but that should be fairly straightforward.

Thanks for reading!