Racing clutch

Hey guys how much of a diffrence does a clutch make I got 200 to spend and I'm a bigger guy and I want to be able to launch hard and still have my top speed I want to run bigger than a 13 t gear,
I wanted to buy a torque converter but I don't think my bike will have as much top speed as it did or is there a spring combo that works for the race for top speed,
My mods are
Billet rod +10
Flat top piston
Black mamba cam
Billet flywheel 37lb springs
1.1 ratio champion rockers
22 mm mikuni

Last edited:
Find a rebuilt bully clutch. They are well within your price range. I had a cheetah clutch and had problems with it locking up. It wouldn't disengage when I let off the throttle. I race karts and have used many clutches. Bully clutches are one of the best.

yes but he is running stainless valves which are heavier and larger valves, it is recommended that you use 26lb springs as far as I can remember, but that all depend on your installed height too and type of rockers etc.

Heavier springs are needed for high revs with larger valves to avoid valve float.

Coxy

The mamba cams come with springs. In my opinion if you don't have valve float you don't need monster springs. You end up wasting horsepower overcoming your spring pressure.

The CHEETAH is junk . We had it on the super powell with the NR racing limited mod honda and it would lock up and was very hard to tune if not impossible .
Look at the Hillard shoe clutches , i have the FLAME on my rupp and love it you can change springs in about 2 minutes and its the smoothest clutch i have tried .

Or you can try the BLAZE model , cost a little more but is more tunable for RPM's . We run this on the super powell which is a heavy bike and makes big power . Its set at 2700 and has a 11 to 1 gear and jumps off the line and pulls to 9 k with no problem .

With either of these we have seen little to no slippage or any sign of lock up .:thumbsup: