Racing clutch

rmm727

I dont know where you're getting a 15t gear for the TAV? Near as I know they only have 10-12t for #35 chain. Those use a C-type sprocket.

vwfan79

Most tavs come with a 12 or 10 and if you want something different you have to get a jackshaft sprocket milled down. Start with a low gear ratio and work your way up, a tav can load your motor. Here is one problem with what your trying to do, it's dam near impossible to make one bike a cruiser and drag racer. High rpms and a tav is doable but to also include high speeds, I'm still playing with that one. Last time out is was spinning 8000 in the 1/8 with a tav but only going 52 mph.

I offered you help weeks ago with your bike.....you never showed or bothered. And a TAV is for climbing hills and off road....not for racing. Unless you buy the correct belt drive made strictly for racing (not Tav)..you are just pissing money away. For your bike..like mentioned many times... use a disc clutch. The Hilliard is a nice clutch..but over roughly about 10HP....they start to self destruct and have short lives due to the bushings. Even if you keep them oiled. I destroyed several of them and use them on small HP builds now. They work great on those.

Last edited:
nah, not hard on him at all, in fact i think he's
starting to like the abuse:laugh:, either that or he
has been baiting us for a while.

this kid must get one hell of an allowance every
week to be able to burn through those parts:thumbsup:

Damn Phil, a little hard on the kid aren't we .
:laugh:
That line of his does sound a little suspect .

Last edited:
if you are looking to race the bike all you need to do is a little research :thumbsup: most people that i have seen drag racing their bikes use the disk clutches but they range in price from $200.00 to $1000.00 but you can find them used or rebuilt the better the clutch the more adjustment springs ,drive sprockets , weights etc. but like someone else said hard to have a dedicated racer as your tool around bike too :thumbsup:

if you are looking to race the bike all you need to do is a little research :thumbsup: most people that i have seen drag racing their bikes use the disk clutches but they range in price from $200.00 to $1000.00 but you can find them used or rebuilt the better the clutch the more adjustment springs ,drive sprockets , weights etc. but like someone else said hard to have a dedicated racer as your tool around bike too :thumbsup:
Where can you buy them used or rebuilt

I offered you help weeks ago with your bike.....you never showed or bothered. And a TAV is for climbing hills and off road....not for racing. Unless you buy the correct belt drive made strictly for racing (not Tav)..you are just pissing money away. For your bike..like mentioned many times... use a disc clutch. The Hilliard is a nice clutch..but over roughly about 10HP....they start to self destruct and have short lives due to the bushings. Even if you keep them oiled. I destroyed several of them and use them on small HP builds now. They work great on those.
Oh I fixed that problem I thought I told you I fixed it, sorry if I forgot, I bought a Hilary clutch from studz for 50$ and it started Smoking as soon as I made one pass

nah, not hard on him at all, in fact i think he's
starting to like the abuse:laugh:, either that or he
has been baiting us for a while.

this kid must get one hell of an allowance every
week to be able to burn through those parts:thumbsup:
No not a allowance I made the money I sold my dirtbike and got 2000$

No not a allowance I made the money I sold my dirtbike and got 2000$
good for you:thumbsup:

i ordered a TAV from OldMiniBikes this morning
just to experiment with. it's ratio varies
from 2.7:1 to .9:1. it will make a nice
trail rider or parade bike drive train for
winber next year.

With the size of that Mikuni and whats under that valve cover with the spacer you shouldn't be lacking Power..........:shrug: :eek:ut:
I just keep having problems with the jetting and getting it right, can someone explain how the air fuel screw works, my bike takes off, kinda good but then it just falls on it's fave and then it kicks in hard and just climbs?