racing clutch?

i know what it is, i have one. it is for a gear reduction on a honda motor, there is suppoesed to be a metal case thing and a sprocket, basic gear reduction, but for it to work right it needs to be in gear fluid...

Hounddog

Hey Smoky, Thanks for the info. The guy I bought the bike from said they were running it as is? Do you have a photo of what you have? Thanks.

HD

C9H13NO3

i know what it is, i have one. it is for a gear reduction on a honda motor, there is suppoesed to be a metal case thing and a sprocket, basic gear reduction, but for it to work right it needs to be in gear fluid...
No, it is not.

That is a disk clutch, plain and simple. I don't know what kind, but it is not part of a gear reduction setup.

WOW! I don't know what you've got there, I've ran Bullys and Horstmans but i've never seen a clutch quite like that. The Lever set up is very odd and so is the driver. Can't wait to see what it is if someone knows.:thumbsup:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You are correct
If you open up the basic gear reduction unit that is what you will find. You normally see them on 5.5hp Honda's. And they use them in 1/4 midget racing.

They need to be soaked in oil while in use, but will work dry as well.

Hey Smoky, Thanks for the info. The guy I bought the bike from said they were running it as is? Do you have a photo of what you have? Thanks.

HD
Yeah ill get a pic, i havent been on OldMiniBikes much this week, busy as hell, sorry.. ill get a pic today or tomorrow though :thumbsup:

No, it is not.

That is a disk clutch, plain and simple. I don't know what kind, but it is not part of a gear reduction setup.
Actually it is...... :censure: