"Raw Deal" how to make a crappy bike.....worse!

I used the same exhaust tip on one of my minibikes, also used the flared version on another mini too. Check ebay item 370743685692, that makes a great exhaust.

Last edited:

markus

Thanks for the bike Markus. Took it out for a ride, it really is pretty sweet...little slow out of the hole like you said, but really nice, smooth, and quite.
Cool:thumbsup: Yea I have never had a bike with a 3hp on it, so I dunno if thats the nature of it or what :shrug:. Most of the 3.5hp bikes I've done had a just a touch more on the low end. I didn't think to count the teeth on the clutch, but maybe a gear change would be in order for an adult sized rider, still a bit of room to tweak the gov on the top end to compensate. That era tecumseh is not to hard to find, find an ugly HS50 snowblower motor, swap the tins/carb/tank over and hold on tight :wink:

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I'm going to count the teeth Markus and see if I have a different clutch to try. Once your up to speed it is fine. The bike runs really well.

Killer job on the build! I really like the engine tins raw instead of black. I just bought a Sears Yellow Jacket (Streaker, Puddle Jumper?) for $100 off Craiglist, not too rusty. Plate says Sear Roebuck & Co. USA (see pic). Same exact Tecumseh 3 hp. I might try to keep it the original yellow. Trying to find that plastic chain guard and OG fenders - mine came with one original broken front fender but in black plastic - same ridges as your yellow ones. Thanks for all the pics, Markus... very helpful as I got forward. This site is great. IMG_6085.jpg

markus

Killer job on the build! I really like the engine tins raw instead of black. I just bought a Sears Yellow Jacket (Streaker, Puddle Jumper?) for $100 off Craiglist, not too rusty. Plate says Sear Roebuck & Co. USA (see pic). Same exact Tecumseh 3 hp. I might try to keep it the original yellow. Trying to find that plastic chain guard and OG fenders - mine came with one original broken front fender but in black plastic - same ridges as your yellow ones. Thanks for all the pics, Markus... very helpful as I got forward. This site is great. View attachment 306546
yea the sears sold ones were Yellow Jackets, Manco sold were Streakers.
This is the only pic I ever saw of the decaling for the Yellow jacket
yellow jacket (2).jpg

and of course the Streaker decaling that was on my old beater:

IMG_5110.JPG