re-chrome handle bars

Does anyone know how much it costs to re-chrome a set of handle bars and an exhaust pipe (skat kitty)? I've got a paint guy and a zinc guy. Anyone know of a chrome guy around Ann Arbor or Detroit?

Bungl, Price is going to depend on whether you get a "show chrome" finish or a "nickle buff-chrome buff" finish; the second one being cheaper. I currently have twenty footpegs out being chromed with the NBCB finish and the price will be $245.00. Most minibikes used the cheaper chrome to reduce costs. Best way to find a chrome shop is to google Thomas' Register and search under chrome, plating, electroplating, etc. You want to look for a shop with annual sales of less than three to four hundred thousand dollars, with one to three employees, and preferably family owned. They do small jobs. With million dollar companies you won't get past the receptionist. Hope this helps. Ogy

Ogy - I'm just starting a restore/refurbish on a Fuji Motors, Inc. "Go Devil" and I found your Thomas Register very useful. I've got quite a few local companies to call now, and I'm sure I'll use it again. Thanks!

Rodd

Hey Avatar I also live in the Ann Arbor area and have been looking for a chrome plater and zinc plater, was wondering if you might beable to help me out with any good places, Thanks.

Way back in the 1960's we had chrome done at marine plating shops. The did the best buffing and did real show chrome. And it was a small shop that was family owned. They had nothing but the highest standards and offered only the best.
Steve:scooter:

myjunk

I just had some chrome work done by Proctor metal finishing in Muskegon. They did a very nice job and it wasnt an arm and a leg. Send me a PM if you want more info. Thanks