recoil bolt up on West Bend and engine mount ???

markus

Ran into a potential issue while putting a west bend together, I had the late model shroud with the widefoorprint recoil on it previously and decided to retrofit it with the more appropriate shroud. The fairbanks recoil mount holes are larger than the threaded inserts on the shroud, I made some spacers to take up the slack but was considering drilling and tapping the welded on inserts on the shroud for the next size up screw. Yes, something I should have maybe caught before I painted :laugh: Dunno if that's a better (or worse) way or not? The widefoot had small bolts too, but was a steel recoil.

Can see the tabs that are welded onto these shrouds on the one thats upside down in front of the engine.

Also, If anyone has a 2 piece style engine mount, I am wondering if the bolt spacing is pretty standardized on the mount bases that hold the engine plate to it, and what that spread is. I have an engine mount section but not a good base, But it is a custom made one. I see just the bases pop up from time to time, and looks like I can just get the JSJ base on its own as well.

Thanks

I can check my mount when I get off and get you the measurements if you still need them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-3/8 spread. West Bend, GEM and Rupp Uni-mount are all the same. JSJ is a copy of the GEM, Vince originally had GEM cast in them, he now puts JSJ (Jack Shaft Jones) because people were putting them on ebay selling them as GEM.

markus

Louie, Thank you!! Ride, thank you for the offer too!! I am getting 2 3/8" center to center on my plate as well :thumbsup: I'll have to get hat plate bolted onto the PP and see how it fits and go from there (came on a West bend I had bought for parts awhile back).