Remembering your youth 60's, 70's, 80's

Although I was born in the late 80s, I played with a lot of my fathers old toys..

GI Joes 12" and 3 3/4"

HO scale slot cars (AFX and TJETS) and trains

Thing maker

Grasshopper and Black Bear Tamyia RCs

old Tonkas...etc

Still have a slot car track...

And hers a stock Tjet Chevelle in black and a dirt tracker Chevelle in orange :thumbsup:

Getting our first television in the mid 50's
Moved up to a color set in 67
Ma and Pa Kettle at the movie theatre
Drinking a Pepsi at the Maple Bay Store

Gilligan's island, hogans hero's,estes rockets,Schwinn stingray 5 spd. redshoestring licorice,daisy 1894 Winchester bb gun, bazooka bubble gum sleeping in all summer,fishing all afternoon, and of course hammering the ding-how mini, good times man

CKLW the big 8 ..wildcat record player...silly string..lead solders.. skiffer snow ski...wrist rocket slingshot...(man that got my ass kicked more than it should have)..every witch way but loose, herbie the luv bug, around the world in 80 days all at the drive-in...huffy dragster bike (stingray knock off)..speed racer.. SST smash up derby and TTP cars and bikes...the list could go on and on...tang orange drink...KISS my mom was about sick and tired of KISS after 15 million times...

WrenchDad

Kick the can
rope swings
My banana yellow Schwinn with the yellow and black stripe banana seat and a racing slick back tire.
Johnson Century green closed face fishing reel.
Hee Haw cover alls

Getting it was more memorable for me. :rolleyes:

That, and:

Building model cars, bike rides out of the neighborhood, MAD magazine, Boy Scouts, vaca road trips with my family, staying out after dark in the summer, and so much more. I had a happy childhood. Born in '56.

I love Lucy
Rat patrol
Hogans heros
Davy Crockett
Gental Ben
Flipper
My three sons

Hot wheels
Matchbox
G.I.Joe (large,still have one and the astronaut suit)
24" bike with ape hangers and sissy bar
Pong video game
Vinyl records
Cords,turtle necks and blue jean vest
Lucky strikes(yeah I started young,stole a few from my dad and grandparents)

Btw,my dad turned 80 this last weekend!

levi bell bottoms, platform shoes, disco music.......my first RCA 8 track tape player......i think my generation had the gap too............i miss those years......they weren't so bad..:rolleyes:

levi bell bottoms, platform shoes, disco music.......my first RCA 8 track tape player......i think my generation had the gap too............i miss those years......they weren't so bad..:rolleyes:
I didn't see this thread as being about "things" as much as events, or memories.

I remember wearing bells and platforms and really wide ties as late as 1975.

You're right Tippy, those years weren't so bad. First dates, getting a driver's license, nothing hurting, no real addictions yet, and a whole life ahead of us. :thumbsup:

Ok, now I feel depressed. :laugh:

dont be depressed...dave...........we have the memories and they bring a smile to my face when i think about it...........i feel sorry for the children in this day and age........no developed imagination cause they have to be entertained with all the latest gadgets......in my opinion a sad existence............i almost forget riding around in my 63 falcon convertible listening to benny and the jets on my 8 track.......:laugh::001_tt2:

1955...The Wind In The Willows...my first library book.

1957...Westinghouse Atomic Power Plant...Revell plastic model.

1960...Bug Wasp... My first go kart with McCullough motor.

1963...Fox Campus Minibike...Bought brand new for $119.00.

1963...Met My Wife In High School...We're still married.