Removing Fox Trail Tramp bars

How do I get these handlebars off? I figured out the forks and the fork lowers, but I can't figure out these bars. I wonder if they're just rusted in the forks? Anybody got any good pics or tips? I've searched YouTube, but I couldn't find anything. I just want to paint or powder this thing, and I need to remove the bars. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Hello David,

Perplexing at times huh...

If you could post a pic or two of your scenario...perhaps Ogy, or Buckeye, or one of the other Kind Fox Folks may have seen and dealt with it before.

Good luck, and hang in there David, I am sure help is on the way.

markus

technically the bolt is supposed to be the only thing holding them in but they are a tight fit and after years of sitting in there they fuse in pretty good. If you're not worried about the paint on the fork trees some soaking in whatever you like to use for penetrant, heat on the tree area, things like that are what I have used to help work them free. If you can clamp the handle bar and maybe work on twisting the tree, I've done an air hammer on the tree too with the bar clamped to help too, but even if you're good with an air hammer you will most likely have at least a little bit of cleanup on the tree afterwords, so not something I recommend if your not used to using an air hammer or just have a cheap hammer that lacks variable hammer speed etc.

I thought there was supposed to be some kind of pin or bolt holding it. Mine came just like in the pic. I used penetrating oil on the bars, but I can't get them to budge. So I started looking closely, and it looks like there is still some kind of sleeve in the hole. The hole on the inside of the trees doesn't have this, but the holes on the outside do. Should I just come at it from inside the trees and whack it?

Attachments

From what I've been told of powder coat or regular painting the bars can be taped off .
Then powdered and tape off is removed before the hake.
But you may want to check with your powder tech.

Hey wow, I had the same issue with a fox I trying to give a makeover to.
Only my fofks were kicked back an inch task of twisting the assembly by the tree use the bar tube
So I had to salvage the lowers and the bars so I could razor off 35 years of rust spots on the bars.
But what I did was to start with a spot of PB Blaster, let it soak a moment or 2.
Then I took a 20lb Wight lifting bar and the bar end inserted in the edge of my welding table, a clamp to secure it.
I started my 30 minute task of struggling against the rust. After breaking it free a few turns I would flush the tube with starter spray.
Then another shot of PB and so on and so fore.
After 1 hot sweaty hour my bars were retrieved.
P.S. I am hoping to salvage the bent tree by marrying the tree on a good complete Fox fork and frame that
Fatboy04 sold me.... Thank you 04
Hopefully I shall find the parts to complete it soon