repro

you should have asked here on this web site surely somebody has an old tecumseh laying around in pcs. 50 bucks not over priced it,s robbery thanks wayne

oldsledz

I don't know what they sell for used But I do know they are hard to find.

Were they used on anything other than Mini bikes?

The only thig I've ever seen them on is minibikes with slanted engine plates. Used ones sometimes bring $50+ on eBay, so $50 to your door for a new one probably isn't too bad.

delray

$40 little better price hent. more in the ball park:thumbsup: it shows why value of some minibikes are going up:doah:
oh well :doah: it's not cheap to restore some of them.
:scooter:...........................

Hent

Well, since those intakes are available and at a semi-reasonable price, hopefully people will stop thinking they have gold when they have an engine with a slanted intake...:confused:

No to bash anyone here but have any of you attempted to have any sand casting done?
Have you tried to have an item manufacturered?
The machinery that is required to make the items is mega millions of $$$$
The people operating the equipment get a wage. You don't work for free.
The company that employs the workers has to make a profit if they didn't employees would not get paid.
The company has taxes, rent, insurance, utilities bills and material costs to pay.
The person who put the ball in motion to repo the item(what ever it may be)....had to pay set up costs, labor costs, material costs, shipping costs to himself from the manufacturer, packaging costs, marketing costs.....etc
So is $40.00 really that bad?
$40.00 is CHEAP! VERY CHEAP!
By the time the leg work and hours spent is over.....the man has made NO profit(at a sell price of $40.00)......if he wants to be compensated for his time invested in such an endevour
Be glad the man set forth to take his cash and invest it to make the repo, so no one will have to pay more for a used intake.

Last edited:
Briggs never made a drop slant.....

90 degree are still available via Tecumseh for same aprox price.

The early 70s minibike industry was the only user(most likely) of the drop slant type intake. The USA made minibike industry has been gone for too long for Tecumseh to have kept that item in production and retail sale. They have been obsolete for years. So until now.........what was one to do if they needed 1?
It doesn't matter if it's minibikes, barbie dolls, GI Joe, Model T Fords.........if it is no longer produced....if you want it, you have to pay going rate....WE are all still buying gasoline...aren't we?

Damn, I should have sold mine before these came out. :doah: $40 is pretty good. :thumbsup: Hell, stock mainifolds are $24! I get engines for that! :doah:

It was cheaper for me to buy a beater bike for $50 with the slanted intake on it and use the other parts (like tavs and stuff)

delray

ruppparts,your right about the cost to make something. nothing cheap to make anymore. if someone had to make a new casting and setup a program&..etc...and the rights to do it from tecumseh? it will take some time before a person can break even and start making any $$$$
but now if someone is sell a intake for $50 and another is selling it for $40:doah: who's riping off who now.
for $50 i don't see anyone on a bidding war? at 9hrs left, no one bidding yet.
i wonder how long before they start making a 3.5 slant intake?