Resto Mod 81' Honda C-70

All,

I know its not technically a mini bike but I thought I would share some pics of my 81' Honda C-70. Mod's include ditching the stock turn signals and installing OEM early model C7-70 turn signals. I cut off the rear turn signal posts and welded the holes up then had the tail light housing chrome plated. Ditched the stock mirrors and installed chrome units. Added a frame mounted storage bag and white walls! the white walls were ordered from Vietnam! I had the engine covers powder coated with the red Honda inset on the left cover. I picked this bike up with 995 miles on it for $275! It rides and runs perfectly. You can hardly hear it run. It always gets a lot of compliments when I am riding it!

Enjoy:thumbsup:

Hec

IMG_1391.JPG

My C-70 and a cool Cushman Eagle
IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

C-70 next to my wife's 82' Urban Express with a modified seat for a rear passenger (6 year old daughter):thumbsup:
IMG_2006.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

The story behind the C-70 is this: I bought it off a co-worker who just wanted it out of his garage. His dad had bought it when he was a kid and they used to strap it on the front of a Winnebago to haul it to campsites to drive around with. Well it sat and sat. One weekend he tried to get it running and it would not start. So he became tired of trying to kick start it and decided it would be easier to use the electric start. He hooked a 12V jump start pack to the 6V Starter and pretty much smoked the ignition. He gave up on it after that. I ended up replacing all light bulbs and the coil. I put a new battery, adjusted the points and valves, cleaned the carb, replaced the fuel lines, and now she purrs like a Singer Sewing machine! The tires needed replacing as they were dry rotted. I did upsize the front sprocket to a 15T to get a little more top speed. She'll go 45 MPH on flat ground. I wanted it to look like the C-70's of the late Sixties and early 70's with my mods. Just the like the Honda song says, Its more fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Here is what she looked like when I got it.

IMG_1392.JPG

Hec

Last edited: