Restoration 2 Speed Jackshaft

I saw a few photos of somebody's mini bike with the 2 Speed Jackshaft all nicely finished and shiny and was wondering how they did it. I know Lil Indian sells a replacement jackshaft but i am not sure whether it is the same or worth the $80.

This is my first minibike and I am trying to do a nice restoration but I am really fixing it up just so I can ride it. I had a piece of it re-welded but don't know how long it will last.

Thanks
Nick

How can you make the clutch on the engine crankshaft look nicer. And Bonanza Bryan is that a photo of one for sale?! The cup set aside to the jackshaft with the one sprocket weld to it, can that piece be bought separately. I mean the piece that is not connected to the jackshaft in the photo?

Thanks
Nick

Your 2 speed is entirely different then the Comet unit being discussed. Lil' Indian used a Fairbanks Morse. It is self contained and bolts to the engine plate as a unit. Be careful tearing into it. There is a very good chance you won't find a replacement, ever.
If it's working I would just clean it well.:scooter:
Here is what it looks like off the bike. This photo is compliments of MINI-MATIC, which is also the name given to the two speed transmission by Lil' Indian.
Mini-Matic