Road trippin'

Tomorrow evening I'm making a small road trip to pick up a couple of bikes and I feel like a kid at Christmas! It made me think of some of my past trips, and thought I'd share one.
My wife and I drove to upper Washington state to pick up a Tule Trooper. As I was looking at the bike, I asked the common question,"What is the reason you are selling this?" I was expecting a common answer; "My wife hates it, "I don't ride it anymore", "It won't start", "I need the money". The guy raised his right hand to show me his missing thumb. He had tried to shift the Trooper from low range to high while rolling (something that it wasn't designed to do). This Trooper was missing the final chain guard, he ran his thumb through the small sprocket on the transmission. All I could say was "Damn Man". I handed the money to the guy's wife, we loaded it up and took off. On the way out the guy's driveway, my wife was already asking me what I was going to do about making it safe.:facepalm:

Let's hear about some of your road trip memories... I've heard some classics, like getting to the address only to see another guy driving away with the bike in the back of his truck, or having a guy rattle canning the bike as you pull up.:scooter:

I talked to my dad on the phone last night.. I guess some guy RIGHT down the road from their property stopped at the garage sale and said he has THREE BARNS FULL of old minibikes and parts.. Like literally a truckload of clutches.. Tote Gote, Rupp, so on and so forth.. :drool: He said he's already junked a few.. I guess HIS dad way back in the day, bought a Cushman Eagle, that he chopped up and made a torch kart out of, :doah: but still has all the fenders and stuff around for it.. :shrug:

My dad is supposed to call me tonight with dudes phone number.. I guess he's legally blind, drives a Honda Rucks around.. looking to get rid of the stuff..

About 6 hours north of where I am doing battle with this asshole of a house.. :glare:

The last time I was at the property, we stopped 1/2 way up and picked up a Rupp Hustler in the trunk of a Kia..

Does that count as a road trip? :laugh:

My Tule Trooper story was eventful it was up in Snohomish, Washington out of Craigslist only one picture to go from, but a lot of them were coming out of the sheds and barns and always out of my area. So after driving about 200 miles I drive up to the place and Glenn nice old man 80 years young was spray painting parts of the bike gloss black. Well it ran and he and I put it in the back of my van and it leaned over and dumped gas out. So Friday night 4:00 O'Clock driving back through Seattle rush hour traffic ( Not much rushing was going on a lot of stop and go crawling along. I had to smell the paint and the gas all the way home and no opening rear windows in my rear doors just trapped the fumes.
Want it ?? It's for sale on Craigslist
Steve

buckeye

I need to take a trip home. Then head to Meetchicken. Meet up with TRK. Take a few pics. And drewel over three frikin barns of minis. There isn't three barns full in this whole state.

Three Barns FULL?! That would be worth a Road Trip! I want to hear (and see) more!
Bring YO ass to Michigan and lets roll.. :pimp:

Then we'll roll out.. :laugh: We have a cabin.. Rent is free.. Gas might be a killer if we gotta take the truck.. :hang: But you aint hauling 6 tons of crap in a KIA.. :doah: