Robin Williams died today

Sounds like it was suicide. :sad: I always loved his dramatic characters more than the funny ones. Moscow on the Hudson, Awakenings and Dead Poets Society were some of my favorites.

I just checked the wires and got the same kinds of story.
Depression....

A lot of people get it these days, but tis hard to get help.
Even harder for some to ask for help.

Thanks for the laughter Mr Williams.
You cheered me up many a time.

Its sad that someone that gave us so many laughs was so depressed.
Took rock Hudson to die of aids before it became something important.

Maybe Robbin Williams death will do something to help the millions of people too scared to seek treatment for mental health issues .

Mork from Ork died?

(Can you tell I am not a fan of Robin Williams?)
I never found him funny, like some said he had some dramatic roles that were ok but his "humor" just seemed like someone on drugs that thought everything they said was funny. He talked really fast and made weird noises and made up words and maybe he sat upside down in a chair with rainbow suspenders living with Pam Dauber who was kinda hot. Shazbot, Nanu Nanu, etc.

George Burns was funny, Jack Benny was funny, George Carlin, Robert Klein, Mel Brooks, etc so many others but I just never found the guy funny.
I mean good will hunting. That was terrible acting. Mrs. Doubtfire? Not really my favorite movie.

That being said if it is suicide then I feel bad for his family, that is a sad occurrence and seemingly preventable I bet they are extremely sad. My condolences to the families may you heal quickly.

he was inspiring to a lot of us growing up,showed us that we really could express ourselves and be crazy and help other people too/mork and his movies were great,but more than anything else,he Lived Life Large.
he was an absolute character in life.
i`ll miss him.
God Bless n God Rest Robin.

WrenchDad

I opened my computer and there it was, It just surprised me. Depression was so contrary to every thing he did. I liked his drama acting but his slap shtick humor I could do with out. Movies like Jumanji, RV , awakenings, Dead poet's society stuff right down the middle I thought was pretty good. I will miss seeing him. Say hello to Andy Kaufman for us Robin RIP.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
The way I see it, Robin Williams did not die, The Aliens came and took Mork home.
Such a great man, such a great loss. RIP Robin, You will be missed.

I heard he killed himself so he didn't have to make Mrs. Doubtfire2.

He was one of the last to see John Belushi before he died. A lot of people from that era couldn't handle the fame. To this day I'll never understand how fame and fortune causes so many demons to surface. I could handle the fortune easily but that fame thing would really suck.

R. I. P. Robin you will be missed and hopefully now you're at peace.