running lights off a predator motor

Pull your flywheel and see if the little posts for mounting the lighting coils are there. If so, you could likely use Honda or older clone ones. On some of the older clones, the posts are there, but no threads. You can tap 10-32 threads to mount the coils. You need a flywheel for a lighted motor also.

Pull your flywheel and see if the little posts for mounting the lighting coils are there. If so, you could likely use Honda or older clone ones. On some of the older clones, the posts are there, but no threads. You can tap 10-32 threads to mount the coils. You need a flywheel for a lighted motor also.
Anybody have pictures of what to look for ?

rmm727

its not mounting the lighting coil that is the problem, it is the Honda/clone flywheel taper doesn't match the Predator's crank taper.

just buy a battery for a riding mower and run the lights directly off the battery, just charge the battery with a trickle charger or battery tender while you're not riding.

I was going to ask/post the same question; I just picked up a nice Baja which the previous owner installed a new Predator (Harbor Freight) enging on and the light is there but obviously not connected. I thought of simply running it off a battery but it would be nice to have it (hard wired) right into the engine. Some of the replies suggest that the Predator isn't capable of supporting a "lighting coil" which is somewhat a bummer, but I have to think, other than the battery, there has to be another way...external charging system - coil....I'm not sure but wondering if there are any other comments - suggestions. One more note: I have two MotoVox mini's for my grandkids, my granddaughter loves to ride them also so I went out and picked this Baja up.......I may be looking for another MotoVox, this little bike has some torque....I may keep it for myself :scooter:

Motorhead, you can chase this down all you want, mount car batteries, whatever, but for around forty bucks, you can be night riding everyday for weeks on a single charge with these LED Cree bike lights. Stupid bright and last 10,000 hours.

I bunch the excess cables in a small camera bag and Velcro to the gas tank. I eventually swapped out the rubber stretch n hook fasteners for metal hose clamps to hold more firm.

For tail lights I use these single LED bike light, I got 6 of these on eBay for .98 each/free shipping. Figured they'd be cheaper than buying new batteries (4 for $5.89 at CVS) I'm still using the first one for seven months. It's brake light bright.
F

Last edited:
Well there you go.....seems like a fairly simple "lighting system". Now......I like the idea but wonder if I can either purchase or somehow hide those LED into a more, "old school" looking headlight...you know the round traditional incandescent bulb headlight housing. Either way I like the simplicity of the LED....going to check them out, many thanks.

Hey......How do you....I can't seem to find......attach a photo to ones profile so it appears when you post or reply. I was able to upload photos to the gallery, but not on my profile :crying::crying::crying::crying:

Yes If you first break the vacuum seal on the bulb you can drill out the back and install one of the cheap Chinese led bulbs off of ebay, and they are very bright and consume only a couple of watts. I can post more pics if you like.

Kohler makes a stator and flywheel for the 60363 hemi head motor. I read this on a go kart forum and we will see if it really fits or did I waste $200 on it ,taper and bore on crank end are to be the same from what I read on it .

I'm sure if the taper fits and the hemi is a kohler taper then it will work. Need to find the correct kohler engine so we can get one of those flywheels.