Rupp Roadster - collectible? and other questions

Hello everyone!

I would like to get a Rupp and there are a variety of them available to me in rural Minnesota. My questions are a few:

1. there is a 1973 silver roadster that has been sitting idle for many years and is basically like new with the barn weathering. they guy wants $1,100 for it. Is 73 a good year? I believe Rupp was sold off that year. Your opinions are valuable to me as this is a lot of money. Are other years more desirable? He has a title for it as well...

2. I don't know if i should pursue other models that may be cheaper and fun as well like the digger, scrambler, older continentals, etc. Once again, your opinion is welcome!

Just looking to go down the right path and wondering about spending more on the roadster vs some other models. the high demand models, which i don't know which ones they are, would be nice to know!

Thanks from Minnesota!!!

Rupp didn't have a silver Roadster in 73. Silver tanks where on 1970 Roadsters. They where all black frames after 71. 1973 and up,only the Roadster where being made. 1100 is high if its all rusty.
April of 1973 Rupp was sold and run under a new ownership until the end of 1978.

Condition is important. The older the Rupp, the harder to find and more $$$ it is for correct parts. Before you buy, try to know what you want, what the bike needs to get it to where you want it, and what its going to cost in dollars and labor, to get it there. If the bike you're looking at is just dirty and dusty, BUY IT. If its missing parts, or has dents, or the gas tank is no good...... :hammer::grind:

................I don't know if i should pursue other models that may be cheaper and fun as well like the digger, scrambler, older continentals, etc. Once again, your opinion is welcome!

.....big difference in owning/riding the 6" wheel Rupps and the 10-12" Rupps...you should really decide which better suits the places you have to ride.

mskylerr

View My Photos Rupp Roadster - collectible? and other questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone!

I would like to get a Rupp and there are a variety of them available to me in rural Minnesota. My questions are a few:

1. there is a 1973 silver roadster that has been sitting idle for many years and is basically like new with the barn weathering. they guy wants $1,100 for it. Is 73 a good year? I believe Rupp was sold off that year. Your opinions are valuable to me as this is a lot of money. Are other years more desirable? He has a title for it as well...

2. I don't know if i should pursue other models that may be cheaper and fun as well like the digger, scrambler, older continentals, etc. Once again, your opinion is welcome!

Just looking to go down the right path and wondering about spending more on the roadster vs some other models. the high demand models, which i don't know which ones they are, would be nice to know!

Thanks from Minnesota!!!

This person in two states? He must be a "clone"!:laugh: