?s about promod jackshaft reuse?

I'm updating a stock 2.5 DB30 that currently uses a promod jackshaft. My question is if it can be tranplanted to a new Lifan 4hp?
If so what gearing changes should I make?

Also, I'm updating my Preditor DB with a jackshaft kit also and need to now the gearing needed to make it the best. Thanks much.

For the Lifan, bolt it on and use it as is.

Predators in DBs don't need jackshafts....

If your are going to update the Predator, put on a TAV.

I'm updating a stock 2.5 DB30 that currently uses a promod jackshaft. My question is if it can be tranplanted to a new Lifan 4hp?
If so what gearing changes should I make?

Also, I'm updating my Preditor DB with a jackshaft kit also and need to now the gearing needed to make it the best. Thanks much.
Probably get great results if your more descriptive on what you want to accomplish with changing gear ratios...ie top speed or torque. My "guess" (as I have not done it personaly) would be that the jackshaft should fit the Lifan
For the Lifan, bolt it on and use it as is.

Predators in DBs don't need jackshafts....

If your are going to update the Predator, put on a TAV.
^^X2^^

Thanks for the replys.
The DB the 4hp is going on will have a heavier than me rider and I don't want to stress the clutch like my 6.5 does on takeoff going uphill. Also, the 4hp one doesn't need the top end speed of the Pred. I'll be adding a jackshaft kit to the pred. one maybe but later on.
So basically I need to know if the jackshaft will work/fit on the 4hp. The gearing should be better overall with a 13 tooth clutch (compaired to the 11 tooth fron the 2.5). I want it to climb hills effortlessly but not have much more top end speed than the current 2.5 setup. Not sure how to better explain?:shrug:
Thanks

Last edited:
It fits perfectly. That was my change also. Mine is the old style DB, 2009 model. I can't tell you about the ratio you want because mine is geared down real low to climb hills and I will not go fast anymore. I have never run out of power with the 4 Lifan. I just switched the pro mod jack shaft from one to the other, nothing to it.

Thanks for all the usefull info.:thumbsup:
If I like how the jackshaft works on the 4hp I may get one for the pred. later.

I ordered the engine mounting kit along with a 16 tooth sprocket (the current sprockets on the JS are 13/18) so I'll have the 16 tooth one to adjust gearing if needed.
I'm leaving the Pred DB alone for now to see how the 4hp one works with the JS.
The mods never seem to end.:laugh:

GustoGuy

Because a 212 is too much motor for her. She hates riding mine and has crashed twice on it.
Exactly. I own 2 snowmobiles. One is a mildly modified Polaris XLT liquid cooled triple cylinder with some clutch work and a Snow King special track and Simmon's Flexi ski's and does an easy 85mph and gets there real fast too. The other sled is a bone stock Polaris 440cc fanner and my wife and Step daughter both prefer to ride that one because they do not like the power and acceleration of the triple cylinder XLT. Not everyone is going to like a mean clone on a mini bike. You certainly would not let your 7 year old child drive a Predator 212cc mini bike because they would most likely get hurt on it. Both my wife and step daughter have crashed my mini. I used to ride 250cc dirt bikes when I was in my late teens and 20's. My stepdaughter has never driven a motorcycle and she wheelied my Doodle beast off the curb and crashed in the middle of the street and bruised her hip and skinned up her elbow. My wife lost control of it a week later on a gravel road out by my cabin and bruised her self. Both of them were some what surprised by how quick this little over powered bike was and how fast it accelerates. I have even added steel plate weights to the frame of my DB30 to keep the front end better planted so novice adult riders will not crash on my mini. My wife is certainly not in favor of me getting another one so I will not be able to fulfill my addiction:anon.sml: like most of you guys so I have to make my bike suitable for all of the family to ride. In some ways I would like to hotrod the crap out of it and put on a TAV on it such as a GTC Tc2 but I know that it would make the bike so much faster and more dangerous for the novice riders in my family. The only thing I did was hog out the stock air box and jetted it richer and it scoots pretty good now. I got rid of the stock worthless non supportive seat and got a nice thickly padded rebond foam one that actually provides some support and cushioning, I also put on a hydraulic brake too because you got to stop and the stock cable brake was worthless on 212cc DB30. As a father and husband I do not want to hurt anyone with a mid life crisis toy:laugh: but I too am Like Tool time Tim and I sure like to tinker with things to make them more powerful and faster:scooter: