Sanding Runs In Clear Coat

So tonight I'm spraying the clear on my bike and I got a little excited put a run in it. How do I get it out? Also, does acrylic enamel protect the paint from rubbing off due to throttle cables rubbing when you turn the handle bars?

You might list the products (in detail) you have used so far. You can have issues spraying any kind of clear are some AE's. Some paints are meant for single stage, and some for two stage/beyond. Also, what times were used in between products? Temperature?

I'll learn with you, because I've never needed to spray clear on AE.

You might list the products (in detail) you have used so far. You can have issues spraying any kind of clear are some AE's. Some paints are meant for single stage, and some for two stage/beyond. Also, what times were used in between products? Temperature?

I'll learn with you, because I've never needed to spray clear on AE.
Duplicolor Acrylic Enamel.

Caveman, that Duplicolor clear coat is not fuel proof, I found out the hard way. I'm using a small HVLP touch up gun and shooting 2 part automotive clear. I use a shot glass to mix a couple of ounces 3:1 and it works out well. You can wet sand it and rub it out but if you're careful it comes out real nice.

Eagle

Caveman, that Duplicolor clear coat is not fuel proof, I found out the hard way. I'm using a small HVLP touch up gun and shooting 2 part automotive clear. I use a shot glass to mix a couple of ounces 3:1 and it works out well. You can wet sand it and rub it out but if you're careful it comes out real nice.

Eagle
Do you mean when gas gets on it, it comes off? UUUUGGGHHH!
This reminds me of when I went to pour a slab and said "Its just concrete how hard can it be". This time "Its just painting how hard can it be"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I know why body shops are freakin expensive!:grind::hammer::doah::scared::hammer::grind::confused:

Yepper, it melts right off. If you're going to be doing much painting, do yourself a favor and buy a small HVLP gun. It's almost as easy to use as a spray can, and you can shoot real clear that isn't affected by Gas. I bought a new DeVibiss detail gun for around $125.00 that paints like a dream, and I can mix up just a couple of ounces of clear for the small stuff. You can even get a decent Chinese Harbor freight gun for around $35.00 that'll do the job. I usually use spray cans for primer and color but nothing is as nice as 2 part automotive clear for the finish coat.

Good advice Hreagle. I use a small HF gun for color and clear and have a canister style gun I use for primer. Then you can go to a local parts store and have them mix up colors for you, here they will mix up a pint so you can test the color. There are plenty of posts and sites that address paint procedures.