saved from crusher ,.

yesterday I was just getting ready to mow yard..my phone went off so I answered my cousin on the other end ..
says millie theres truck load junk going threw town has go kart on it ..if you leave now might catch them ..
so I drop everything jump in truck peal down town to scrap yard ..pulled in the truck was just pulling off scales I case them go kart wasn't any good homemade ..but I see mini bike in back I tell driver leave mini bike on there when done meet me across street ill give ya 20.00

Attachments

Good save Steve. Looks to be a Cat 4001 with those shocks. Wrong engine. Should be a Tecumseh HS40. If it has the switch plate on the top and original throttle and serviceable grips, that is a bonus. Switch plate if present and serviceable would be the most valuable piece on the bike, followed by kick stand, shocks, then stars and wheels if serviceable.

Last edited:
Yes. Very nice find !
I had a Cat MX Duster which is the same thing for the most part.
I really liked and enjoyed it.
That will be a great project. Congrats on the find!

Danford1

thanks all .. im about 98 percent pure vintage go kart guy ... but a save is a save ..its actually pretty decent shape not all welded up ..kick stands there wheels are good shocks work I have correct techumshe engines ..and a perfect long basic ebay mini bike seat ..brakes are seized up ..honestly ill prolly never do nuttin with it ..I live in n.y. 14843 ..id like to pass it along to someone that will use it ..