ScooterBoy's Bonanza sprockets are ready

Well I finally got the sprockets done. I'm real happy with how they turned out. Here's some pictures. If you need one just PM me. I'll post them in parts for sale.

Looks awsome!!! how were they made? and did you ffind out about the taller bonanza jackshafft tabs?
They were made on 4 different fixtures. 2 to remachine the drums so they run true, 1 to machine out the center of the sprockets by locating on the teeth, and 1 to weld the posts on.

To make taller jackshaft plates I would need 1 to measure the holes and their locations. I don't have a bike that uses them, maybe you could give me one. If you don't have just a plate, I'd take a whole bike:biggrin:

the only pic i know of fis the bike on the Bonanzaminiparts.com web page, The bike i have right now originally had the taller jackshaft tabs but someone cut them off awhile ago. The reason i want the taller tabs is they accomidate a tav set up with out bolting the plate to the engine. The big pully goes right on the jackshafft but it has to be taller to fit properly.

Ok, now I have a question about the two different types pictured there. The ones with the threaded posts, what are those all about? Do those posts line up with the bolt holes that hold the wheel-halves together?

-j

AnnOyed : The ones with the added three mounting studs are for the 6 inch Go Power wheels. Your bike project has the Kidney Bean Wheel, so you need the straight sprocket with out the studs that bolt on to the wheel with 3 bolts through the raised boss close to the center of the wheel.
Steve :scooter:

Precision by Design

Well I finally got the sprockets done. I'm real happy with how they turned out. Here's some pictures. If you need one just PM me. I'll post them in parts for sale.

I guess I would say I am a very happy Camper today being only 5 miles away I got to visit with ScooterBoy at his work place it looked like a set for the Discovery Chanel ( How it's Made ).
A huge shop full of modern highly technical machines and processes. I saw incredible precision parts being manufactured and all these huge machines and workers.
And among all the depth of precision tolerances are replacement Bonanza Mini Bike parts being made, Sprocket/Brake hubs machined to tolerances that are super. The sprockets are protected by Yellow Zinc plating that should protect this part for years. Even if they are painted they will be protected. I like the look of the Yellow Zinc and will run them as is.
Yes this is a sales pitch and I know you will be happy with all the work Mark has put into this. I bought two sprockets one 60 tooth and one 72 tooth for the 6 Inch Go Power wheels and 3 sets of the Bonanza fork springs brand new and perfect replacements. Can't wait to see the next batch of improved Bonanza replacement parts that Mark will produce. In fact I did get a peek at some new things and will set aside some money for when they come available.
Steve :scooter:

Will the hubs w/posts work on azusa astro wheels?

Never mind, brainfade.

Do you make a sprocket/brake hub that will work with the astros?

Will the hubs w/posts work on azusa astro wheels?

Never mind, brainfade.

Do you make a sprocket/brake hub that will work with the astros?
Have you been peeking in my shop window?????????

I just finished that project less than a half an hour ago.:thumbsup: I will be posting pics very soon. I'm happy with how it turned out.