sebac shock success!

Thank you to whoever put up the thread about taking apart Sebac shocks. The first one was so stuck I had to use a pipe wrench to hold the body. It would spin in the vice and I didn't want to crush the body. Wrapped it with lots of duct tape so as not to damage the body. The second shock was so loose it just about came apart on its own! An way; sorry to ramble but it really is nice to get good info. from you guys. Now I need to rob a bank to get them chromed. Thank dudes!!

Unless you a buiding a trailer queen, my advice is to forget the chrome. Spend the money on something else.

Unless your springs are rust pit free, the cost to polish, copper plate, repolish, re copper,etc. until the springs are worthy of chrome will take two banks. If the springs are rust pit free, just clean them up and use them, ohterwise paint them.

Here in Detroit I was quoted $150 each spring. From 10 feet away the chrome paint looks like $150 chrome job and I have $145 in my pocket. Just my thoughts.

If your going to have the springs rechromed,don't go to just one place,look around. I looked for two months before deciding who was a rip off and who was good,ask to see some of there work or talk to people who have had work done by them.I'm in Wisconsin and ended up going to a guys shop north of Chicago, this was found by word of mouth.Just be carefull out there not to get ripped off:thumbsup: