Shifter Minibike Build

Von Zipper, thanks for your input. I checked out Bolt Depot. While I had looked at a number of suppliers online, Bolt Depot looks like the best of any I have seen. They do have available, one or more at a really good price, the screws I would have bought and therefore avoided cutting threads.

Next, I'll make and weld the engine plate to the frame. After that, I need to figure out and make the foot brake for operating the hydraulic brake. I think it is going to be a lot of fun!:hack::grind::weld::biggrin:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks for taking a look, Jason! I just mocked this up tonight as shown by the picture. At first, I freaked out about limited access to the tube valve stem. But after really looking at it with an air chuck in hand I think I'll be OK. Maybe I'll have to temporarily thread a braided extension on the valve stem when filling with air. Custom building looks to be full of adventures!
First time seeing this build, This wheel / spacer and disc set up is superb ! Very well done !

I'm diggin it Gary!! Master cylinder location looks good!! This is going to be one great looking bike!! Awesome attention to details!!

Last edited:
I'm diggin it Gary!! Master cylinder location looks good!! This is going to be one great looking bike!! Awesome attention to details!!
Thanks for your comments! I just found some bronze bushings on eBay that will fit in the same tubing the frame is made of. I'm going to weld one section of tubing on each side of the frame for mounting of the 5/8" (this bike is getting heavier and heavier, bit by bit) pedal shaft.

Very clean MC install. That will for sure throw you over the front bars.
Your comment is pertinent to my plan of installing a foot brake lever. From what I can tell by looking at pictures on the web the typical foot brake lever used on small hydraulic brakes has a mechanical leverage of about 4.5 to 1. I wonder if anyone here can add to this.

While waiting to receive a propane torch for bending my brake pedal I have fabricated and mocked up the tach mounting. Their will eventually be a start button, neutral light and ignition switch on the panel.

Tach Mockup.jpg