Shifter Minibike Build

For sure not overkill on the size, looks perfect.
I double-pinned the pedal to the shaft because I wasn't convinced the weld would be bullet-proof. After welding I realized the pinning wasn't necessary. At least it made it easy to squarely weld the pedal to the shaft.

I used 1/8" plate sideways for the master cylinder actuating arm. No worry about twisting loads here and there was more weld area on its hub than 1/2x1/2" would have allowed for.

pedal linkage 1.JPG Pedal linkage 2.JPG

I double-pinned the pedal to the shaft because I wasn't convinced the weld would be bullet-proof. After welding I realized the pinning wasn't necessary. At least it made it easy to squarely weld the pedal to the shaft.

I used 1/8" plate sideways for the master cylinder actuating arm. No worry about twisting loads here and there was more weld area on its hub than 1/2x1/2" would have allowed for.

View attachment 93183 View attachment 93184
Looks like a very solid setup that will offer years of service. Great job!

Its like Christmas Day as the grips, cables, kickstand, fuel tank and exhaust system arrived today. The exhaust system looks like it will fit well! So far that is a big relief, but I'll be even happier when it is finished and doesn't leak. I must have been bad at some point this year, though. Santa left a lump of coal in my stocking in the form of a gas tank that is way to big, fit wise and esthetics wise. I really blew that one. Oh well, this is a prototype, right? I now have an eye on a very little tank. I don't expect to ride very far on this bike and it seems a small tank will help to turn over the fuel.

What tank ? Where is it mounting ?
Hey bikebudy, I ordered a gas tank that won't fit. I'm mounting it under the seat. This is the one I may buy now:

Supply 1E43 2 Stroke Gasoline Engine Parts,Fuel Tank [WSE-1E43-Fuel Tank] - $9.00 : Wholesale Small Engine Parts, Online Supplier For Quality Small Gas Engine,Diesel Engine, Portable Generator and Parts

It is small, and that is fine as even if the gas goes bad before I use it, there is not much to drain and use for burning trash, etc. I can go farther than I'll ever need with just the 1-1/2 liters.

Just thinking of Tanks I have or have seen, like on weed eaters an the likes of.
I'm about to attempt making a fiberglass fuel tank, mounted in front of the seat and above the frame rails. I understand that polyester resin is ruined by ethanol so I will use epoxy resin instead. Also, there are gas stations near me that don't carry gas with ethanol in it. I always wanted to make something with fiberglass, so here goes.