Show Me And OldMiniBikes Your Rupp Roadsters!

Hey guys, off all mini bikes (or mini cycles :001_tt2:) I have become quite fond of Rupp Roadster2's the most due to their all around performance and ride quality.

I have seen many nice Rupps owned by our members here at OldMiniBikes but would love to see some more so here I am, sharing my one of my favorite bikes with you guys as well.

Its one of my favorite bikes for two reasons; Its a Rupp!!! and its street legal!!, its been on the backburner for a very long time but in the past two days alot of progress has been made that I may even take it for a spin on the street. Its practically ready to go I have even had it insured for a couple of months now, for $30 dollars a month which seems low to me as I am paying close to 100 dollars for each of my two trucks a month; being 19 years old sucks when it comes to paying for vehicle insurance but it will only get better with time I hope :thumbsup:.

My plans with this bike is to retain the survivor look while making it look a little better by replacing some parts with better looking parts yet keep the original paint.

I didnt snap a picture of the bike before I removed the engine.

I changed out the purple fender for a chrome one :wink:.

Replaced the rims with other rims with better chrome and installed one of my NOS tires in the front while the rear was fitted with a Rupp Motocross tire.

Dropped my HS50 dressed up as the original engine in the bike. It has some port work, a billet rod, GEM high compression head, and a dellorto. I advanced the timing a bit.

I went with a "Blackwidow" straight pipe, and a symetrical 5/8 belt comet clutch for better performace.

First startup with the dellorto; great improvement over the stock carb. Bike has lots of torque as well.

SHOW ME YOUR RUPPS!! And The Stories and Work Behind them :thumbsup:

cxbra

Those Roadsters are beautiful. I have yet to see one on Craigslist in CA (I dont check all the time though). There seems to be a ton of Bonanza's and some Taco's out here in California. Man, those roadsters...

not really :no:...mine was the same way when I bought it, and somebody pointed it out to me as well so thats how I know!!!! :wink:
I know how you feel every Rupp I ever bought has the kickstand backwards, I think it might work better backwards which is why people flip them over.

Those Roadsters are beautiful. I have yet to see one on Craigslist in CA (I dont check all the time though). There seems to be a ton of Bonanza's and some Taco's out here in California. Man, those roadsters...
That's true I have browsed though Craigslist for some cities in California and has surprised to have seen many bonanzas powells and tacos for sale while in Chicago and surrounding cities I can count these bikes sightings with my fingers.

here's our survivior

after alittle cleanup without the tank on

another with a clone
before

after still needs a seat and clutch cover and paint the tank

Vroom! Vroom!

Just finished cleaning out the carb and replacing various other fuel-related parts. And... she runs! :clap:

Now if only I could find a torque converter cover, repair the seat, find a throttle cable, configure a proper exhaust, replace the rotting tires... crap, I've got a lot of work ahead.