Show me your small minibikes...with context

Hey guys,

I'm trying to learn what is what. I really like the smaller "normal" minibikes. Not the microminis that try too hard. So I want to know which brands/makes/models are small. The only problem is that when I look at photos, most don't have any context to them. Have any pictures of minibikes that are next to something...like a car tire, or whatever, so I can see how big they are? My Manco Streaker is 23 inches tall to the top of the seat...can you beat that?

Steve

Tom Thumb... 12" to the top rail. not finished waiting on some cash.

Freakin' cool! Is that considered a micro-mini, or the small end of a mini? I wouldn't consider it a micro-mini because it has some decent length to it. I'd love to ride one just to see what it's like.

To give you an idea of what's going on here, I ended up buying a "Mini Baja" from just a craigslist photograph. Gave the guy my word that I'd buy it. The photo showed it sitting in a field. And yes...as you can guess...when I showed up to take it home in the trunk of my baby mercedes, I was downright shocked on how big it was. It has the proportions of a much smaller bike.

Mac;195280. Yellow Lil' Indian minibike and Red CAT minicycle against my Toyota.[/QUOTE said:
Hmmm...I would have wagered a large sum that the Cats were smaller than that! Interesting stuff. I really like that Indian...adding it to my list to watch for. Like I say, I'm a sucker for the small minis.

Thanks for posting.

Steve

just finished this today, my favorite girl, with my daughter!
Tricky, I have guess how old she is. Luckily, I have 3 girls about the same age so I can figure it out. :) What type of bike is that...I think I can make out that it's a Honda mini trail? What year? It's nice. And did you modify the seat to ride higher or is that stock? Or is it a stock adjuster???

Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Its a 1970 z50 with a 90cc motor and a custom exhaust i made for it. The seat has 2 different positions. that is a factory thing. In the pic i=the seat is the highest but i had to lower it to ride comfortably.

Mac

Red one can't be a Taco.....
NOT TACO :
Grips, rims, rear sprocket, seat, or shock replacements.
....and besides that, there's no hand brake lever on the left like Taco's.
Check "Mac's Corner".....I think that might be one of them there Fake Taco's.

Oh, the reason for this post..........You're supposed to do a size comparison.

'61 Caper Cycle. Alli is a 40# Brittany.:smile:

That's either a big dog, or a small minibike! Kidding, it helps alot. It really isn't obvious how big some of these MBs are unless you see them next to something of known size.

Reiterating...I though my mini baja was about the size of a Honda Z50 or maybe that Chibi until I saw it. :) It's funny, now.

Steve

I guess I should show mine. Since everyone knows how big a Mini Baja/Heat/Warrior is, here is one being restored next to a Manco Streaker.

Here's a picture after I painted the frame...it's sitting on a 5-gallon bucket. I just brush painted the frame with Rustoleum oil-based enamel...quick and dirty but it looks OK.

Steve

Last edited:
MY baja is shorter than 4 ft at the top of the handle bars but wide and very fat! LOL

Not as fat as an Elburro but still fat! My 235 R15s meet the top of the gas tank on this bike and thoses are thick tires!

Last edited:
Not as fat as an Elburro but still fat! My 235 R15s meet the top of the gas tank on this bike and thoses are thick tires!
That seat looks nice. Did you stretch cloth over it and then glue it underneath? How'd you do that? I used a fusion type paint on my seat and it looks good, but it gets a little sticky in the heat.

Steve

That seat looks nice. Did you stretch cloth over it and then glue it underneath? How'd you do that? I used a fusion type paint on my seat and it looks good, but it gets a little sticky in the heat.

Steve
That seat is made from hemp,if he gets bored he can rip off a piece and smoke it :rockon::punk: