**********Skydiving Course************

bandit 40

Well I have never been in a plane and have no desire to ,but If I ever want to try Skydiving Ill have to overcome both my Two worst fears of Flying and falling to the earth at incredible speeds. I guess the whole idea of jumping out of a perfectly good plane and trusting a parachute you hope was packed correctly to do something as insane as this may sound nuts to some of us Im considering the classes Skydiving Videos to Share with Friends and Family!. My better half says I have lost my mind and that she said I could do this as long as my life insurance is up to date :deal:. I expected her to say that anyway but I'm still looking into it this year but it will be a difficult accomplishment for sure. How many here have done this once or more ? and is it worth the rush? What do I have to expect from my first tandem jump?

you were sounding pretty rational at first, but I suppose overcoming fear is more important.........I understand how you feel but that is one fear I wont overcome in this lifetime

I would guess you want to check into Aflac also. Life insurance is only if you die. Can you afford 6-12 or 20 weeks off work as you recover?
Seriously, I use to hang with 4 ppl that loved to do this and everyone of them has broken bones doing it. Just from rough landings. Not my cup of tea...hopefully you'll hear from some more positive ppl. Lol

As long as your tandem person isn't on a suicide mission you'll be fine.
I have never jumped but I worked next to sky dive Deland Fl. It's safer then taking a shower. or driving on the road.
I do have 20 or so bungee jumps, free fall is fun.

I would guess you want to check into Aflac also. Life insurance is only if you die. Can you afford 6-12 or 20 weeks off work as you recover?
Seriously, I use to hang with 4 ppl that loved to do this and everyone of them has broken bones doing it. Just from rough landings. Not my cup of tea...hopefully you'll hear from some more positive ppl. Lol
Ask them if they where swooping in fast or going for a soft landing. I have seen people spin/swoop right before landing and drag their feet on the ground at what looked like 25/30 mph then get some more air time and then land soft.

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Been there and done that ( ONCE ) It was a blast but, I was not piggy back, it was so-lo jump.

Long story, I would tell, but not right now. I don't have time now but a short post.

Better you than me man, I'll just live vicariously through you on this deal. I've been in small and large planes but never considered skydiving, I would like to try that wind tunnel deal that simulates it though. Hell even that would probably do my knees in but I'd try it once just to say I knew what it was like.

Ask them if they where swooping in fast or going for a soft landing. I have seen people spin/swoop right before landing and drag their feet on the ground at what looked like 25/30 mph then get some more air time and then land soft.
I checked with 2 of them tonight....all were headed in for a soft landing. But they were quick to point out this was after nearly 20-25 jumps. My Bud said it was just a bad landing,broke his wrist. His wife's was a collarbone fracture from a face plant. Both are very experienced and just called it up to a accident.
So I'd say I've taken more than 25 showers without incident hahaha I do agree there's dangers lurking everywhere. But like I said earlier,,just not my cup of tea.

bandit 40

Mark you want to hit the ground at incredible speed? :scared: I thought you already did that last year on the ruttman? :laugh:
Randi that did hurt :laugh: I dont want to be reminded of that face landing again. Well Im not 100% on this at all We4amigos but thanks for the heads up about your buddies experiences. maybe Ill check out a skydiving forum or something wait a minute the last time I did that I got hooked on minibikes :facepalm:. Time to rethink that.

Randi that did hurt :laugh: I dont want to be reminded of that face landing again. Well Im not 100% on this at all We4amigos but thanks for the heads up about your buddies experiences. maybe Ill check out a skydiving forum or something wait a minute the last time I did that I got hooked on minibikes :facepalm:. Time to rethink that.
Hahaha,,,but the mini's do hurt less!
Too funny

maverick1

I did it about 3 years ago. It was an absolute rush and a blast. I live next to the Kennedy Space Center and there is an 18000' jump offered at the local airport I want to do. The free fall is incredible. I think I have a photo on here somewhere. You got to do it.

bandit 40

I did it about 3 years ago. It was an absolute rush and a blast. I live next to the Kennedy Space Center and there is an 18000' jump offered at the local airport I want to do. The free fall is incredible. I think I have a photo on here somewhere. You got to do it.
Thats awesome and it does sound like fun thanks mav for your input :thumbsup: