So what minibike did I buy?

So what mini bike did I buy?
I just got this for $175.

Seems like a Rupp Roadster.
But the swing arm looks different.
The fenders and engine aren’t original.

I don’t think I’ll do a full blown restoration but I’d like to get it looking better.
I want to get rid of the engine gas tank and use the frame tank, need a headlight, etc.

markus

Sensation Go devil, I bought one of those couple years ago for the wheels to use on a 1970 rupp I was building, the frames on those are crudely built and the one I bought was beat down. I kinda thought it was a homemade and threw it in the trash after I pulled the wheels. A month or so later I see a picture of one :doah: My bad :wink:

Last edited:
I beleive the type of carb on that engine is meant for that tank on the engine. So in other words, u cant use the tank on the frame unless u change the engine.

Thanks guys.

Which Tecumseh carb should I use?
There are a bunch of different ones on oldminibikewarehouse.com
One for an H50?
Guess I might need an adaptor to keep the carb level.

oldfatguy

that's a nice bike there are not many around it would be a good one to restore. It defiantly needs a Tecumseh on it. I have an Arco that is very similar in size and an h60 Tecumseh fits nice in the frame and is plenty of power for a mini bike.

oldfatguy

ride001.mp4 Video by oldfatguy | Photobucket

this should get you thinking about a big block Tecumseh for your bike. The bike in the video is my Stellar mark 1 with an h60 Tecumseh on it . it originally had a hs40. The second bike in the photo is my Arco which is similar to your bike. It also has a h60 on it instead of an hs40. As you can see the big Tecumsehs fit and look great on these larger bikes instead of a briggs. You could also probably fit a Honda clone on there too. A 6hp on that sixe bike is a fun ride.

What is that brake on the front wheel and where can i get one???? I have the same front rim on my minibike with no brake drum and i need a brake for it. Any help is much appreciated :smile:

oldfatguy

a lot of those bikes all used the same parts as the 1970 rupp bikes. the brakes on my Arco are exactly the same as on my 1970 Rupp scrambler. If you measure the id of your drum you should be able to find a brake to fit it. The Stellar uses Honda 50 brakes, when I got it there was only a back brake and just the back plate but no shoes up front. I bought a Honda brake on ebay and swapped the shoes onto my backing plate.