Something a bit different. 6" spoked wheels

I thought Id try something a bit different and make some 6" spoked minibike wheels. I started with a 1 piece snowblower wheel and cut the center out. cut a piece of pipe for the hub and drilled both sides for 8 spokes with 1/4" rod. I put some in welding from inside the hub. spined it and centered it up and welded the outside. Then i put the rest of the spokes in and grinded down the welds so the tire and tube dont have a problem. Its got a little wobble to it but hey its a minibike wheel. I think it came out great. The back wheel will be a little more difficult with the addition of a sprocket hub. Im not sure about the color yet. Probrably dark gray with a silver lip or something like that. :thumbsup:

Those would look cool on an older scooter style bike or chopper design.are they about the Sam weight or lighter?
yeah definatly. i dont have a progect in mind but im sure something will come up. Not sure about the weight maybe a bit heavier than normal since i used such a thick pipe on the hub

haha good question. maybe a set of 4" next time then there will be no arguement :laugh:
I got the rear wheel drilled and i might go ahead and build it but im not sure what sprocket i want to use on it so i wont be able to finish it until i get that figured out. thanks guys :thumbsup: and gal